Export thread

Secret Santa Mark 2 - Give to a Wounded Vet

Dave

Dave

I know that the Secret Santa is going big right now so I'm going to piggyback on that briefly. Not going to ask for gifts unless you want to. What I'm asking is for people to send a card or gift to:

[strike]A Recovering American Soldier
c/o Walter Reed Army Medical Center
6900 Georgia Avenue, NW
Washington , D.C. 20307-5001
[/strike]

I've already sent a small something there from the donated PayPal money and signed it Halforums.com.

If you're in the mood for giving and have a bit of time to send them a card and wish them well, that would be great. Some of these guys don't have family with them and are cut off from not only them but the people they served with - which can be even harder on them.

Again, you don't have to and nobody will know either way, but it would be nice.

Dave

Dave

Apparently this address might be fake. FUCK!!

Disregard until I get a better address!

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

Correct address:

We Support You During Your Recovery!
c/o American Red Cross
P.O. Box 419
Savage, MD 20763-0419

The other is a hoax.

Ross

Ross

So... get rid of the fake one so no one accidentally uses it?

Dave

Dave

Just used strike so that if they see it somewhere else they know it's fake.

Terrik

Terrik

Hey Dave, that's a great idea. I'll send something over as well.

Wasabi Poptart

The Red Cross does a program called Holiday Mail for Heroes. They only accept cards and there are guidelines that must be followed.

Please don’t forget to follow these guidelines while preparing your holiday greetings!

Do...

* Sign all cards
* Entitle cards “Dear Service Member, Family or Veteran”
* Limit cards to 15 per person or 50 for school class or business group
* Bundle groups of cards in single, large envelopes (there is no need to include individual envelopes and postage for cards)

Don’t...

* Send letters
* Include personal information such as home or email addresses
* Use glitter – excessive amounts can aggravate health issues of wounded recipients
* Include inserts of any kind as they must be removed in the screening process
They do not accept packages from the way it looks.

However, if you want to send a gift to thank a US service member, you may want to donate a calling card through AAFES. You can click on the links under "Don't know a person to send a prepaid card?..." so the card will get sent to an organization, like the USO or Red Cross, where it will be distributed to deployed or injured service members.

Docseverin

Docseverin

Support the soldiers still deployed too, I have spent more Holidays abroad than I care to remember. Visit www.anysoldier.com and help soldiers get through a rough time. These packages were the only ones I received during any of my deployments :D

Dave

Dave

Support the soldiers still deployed too, I have spent more Holidays abroad than I care to remember. Visit www.anysoldier.com and help soldiers get through a rough time. These packages were the only ones I received during any of my deployments :D
Done and done. Thanks, Doc!