Export thread

Server Issues

Dave

Dave

Okay, here's the rundown of what happened as best I know.

Sometime today the site was futzing out. I contacted Arvixe who said they were diagnosing server issues. Then I tried to come back in here and got that "account suspended" message. I immediately called them back and was told that our site caused the server to crash repeatedly. Not knowing why that would happen I went to Google Analytics, which informed me that today our traffic spiked 6209.88%!

I still don't know why.

We looked in the cPanel user logs and AWStats and found that we were not experiencing anything special. But the heavy traffic load from....somewhere....roached us bad.

So here's what's going to happen. I won't be able to get a detailed list of from where the hits came until tomorrow so we're going to keep an eye on things. If we spike again they WILL suspend us again until we either move to a more expensive server or block the offending site.

I hope it's not going to happen again but holy crap!

strawman

strawman

I suppose I shouldn't have set up the conquest bot net just to win the forum game...

-Adam

Covar

Covar

DAMN YOU TOM BRAZELTON!!!!!

Dave

Dave

Here's what I saw:

Rob King

Rob King

Sheeeeegooooooo!

phil

phil

Kanye West aint too pleased with what we have to say about him. He's targeting us.

Dave

Dave

So ronery.

Shakey

Shakey

Oh God, Oh God, Oh God, Oh God, Oh God, Oh God, Oh God, Oh God, Oh God, Oh God!
:aaahhh:

strawman

strawman

Please... please make the hurting stop...

-Adam

Zappit

Zappit

Boy, I always miss all the crazy stuff.

Philosopher B.

We're here, we're here, WE'RE HERE.

Rob King

Rob King

Franklin D(ave). Roosevelt said:
Today, September 25th, 2009 — a date which will live in infamy — Halforums.com was suddenly and deliberately attacked by DDoS forces of the Empire of ... fuck if we know.

strawman

strawman

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH! We're going down! Abandon forum! Women and avatars first!

-Adam

strawman

strawman

YO, DAVE, DAVE I'M REALLY HAPPY FOR YOU AND IMM'A LETCHA RESTART YOUR FORUM, BUT SCOTT KURTZ HAD THE BEST FORUM NUKE OF ALL TIME! OF ALL TIME!

/insert Kanye west image over 403 error of forum

-Adam

---------- Post added at 05:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 PM ----------

I can taste my spleen!

-Adam

Covar

Covar

I saw glimpses of this forums future.

bhamv3

bhamv3

Yay, we're back again!

Rob King

Rob King

Artist's impression of yesterday.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Those responsible have been flayed, mauled and eaten. :devil:

Shawn

Shawn

Those responsible have been flayed, mauled and eaten. :devil:
And if not I would like to know why.

Rob King

Rob King

Kanye West said:
I'M SOOOOO SORRY TO Dave AND Everyone FOR crashing THE Forum. I SPOKE TO Everyone RIGHT AFTER. DAVE IS VERY OLD !!........... I'M IN THE WRONG FOR INTERRUPTING AND CRASHING YOUR FORUM !!!!!!!! I'M SORRY TO MY FANS IF I LET YOU GUYS DOWN!!!!! I'M SORRY TO MY FRIENDS AT HALFORUMS. I WILL APOLOGIZE TO DAVE 2MRW. WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD!!!! EVERYBODY WANNA BOOOOO ME BUT I'M A FAN OF MEMES!!! YOU NECKBEARDS KNOW!!! BOOOOYAAAWWWWW!!!!!! SHIT, I GAVE MY RESPECT TO FORUMITES WHEN THEY DESERVED IT... THAT'S WHAT IT IS!!!!!!!!!! I'M NOT CRAZY YALL, I'M JUST BEING REAL. SORRY FOR THAT!!!MUCH RESPECT!!!!!

Sept. 26th, 2009
Via Kanye West Apology Generator

Hylian

Hylian

yaaay!

were alive again :D

Fun Size

Fun Size

I'm just glad it wasn't me. I was worried that taking out that ad promising hot, naked lesbians on Halforums.com had caused all of this.

What? I don't know what they wear when they post. It could be accurate.

Iaculus

Mein Gott, thought this place was a goner.

Espy

Espy

The best response to this?
Well, yesterday I was recording most of the day so I wasn't around, late last night I asked on twitter what was up and Zen sent me this gem:

\"@ZenMonkey\" said:
@halcyon7(me): @halforums (dave) went all @pvponline on us and shut down the forum. We're going to regroup at www.quarterforums.com
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

*bookmarks*

bhamv3

bhamv3

The best response to this?
Well, yesterday I was recording most of the day so I wasn't around, late last night I asked on twitter what was up and Zen sent me this gem:

\"@ZenMonkey\" said:
@halcyon7(me): @halforums (dave) went all @pvponline on us and shut down the forum. We're going to regroup at www.quarterforums.com
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Bwa ha ha ha, nice!

KenjiFinster

Can we still blame Kanye?

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Six THOUSAND percent? Okay, did someone set up a link saying "Hot Sexy Chicks With Low Standards Over Here" to Halforums?

Andromache

i dunno. maybe it's a sign.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Six THOUSAND percent? Okay, did someone set up a link saying "Hot Sexy Chicks With Low Standards Over Here" to Halforums?
People were hotlinking to and from our Kanye West thread. That's why the traffic went through the roof, while we didn't get an increase in unique visits.

Andromache

HoboNinja

HoboNinja

i dunno. maybe it's a sign.
http://tinyurl.com/65lqgm[/QUOTE]

I am not ashamed to say I love that song. I had that as my ring tone for awhile :p. I miss the nineties :(

Cuyval Dar

Well, Dave did say he wants to find new ways for bringing in traffic.
Better be careful what you ask for.

ZenMonkey

ZenMonkey

Well, Dave did say he wants to find new ways for bringing in traffic.
Better be careful what you ask for.
:rofl:

figmentPez

figmentPez

It's a conspiracy backed by the cruise ship industry! Holland America Line is pissed off that we took their forum name!