Export thread

Shatner: Still the man!

Jiarn

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/US/03/07/nasa.shuttle/index.html?hpt=T2#

Seriously, most of these guys had to have grown up watching the show and are probably fans in one form or another. This was awesome.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

"Space, the final frontier. These have been the voyages of the space shuttle Discovery. Her 30-year mission: To seek out new science. To build new outposts. To bring nations together on the final frontier. To boldly go, and do, what no spacecraft has done before," Shatner said over the "Theme from Star Trek."
I was a little disapointed that he did not do the spoken word Rocket Man. "Rock-it Man."

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Or build a cannon from an empty bamboo tube, a rock and some dirt.

strawman

strawman

Or build a cannon from an empty bamboo tube, a rock and some dirt.
Hey, this isn't the Finnish space program we're talking about here.

Null

Null

:p
Nah, that's a ginormous slingshot built up in the Laplands, since they're already halfway to outer space.

Mathias

Mathias

:p

Finland's space program has been on delay since the early 60's. It seems they can't quite get a sauna retrofitted into a shuttle.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

The Space Sauna does not heat up enough during re-entry.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

I thought it was because Finnish astronauts kept taking their pants off and were coming home with irradiated nads.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Shatner is still the man... at 80!

Happy Birthday Bill!

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Yes, Happy Birthday you glorious son of a bitch ;)

And also screw you guys, we managed to get the sauna in. But there were slight problems involving zero-gravity and heated sauna rocks.

Mathias

Mathias

Yes, Happy Birthday you glorious son of a bitch ;)

And also screw you guys, we managed to get the sauna in. But there were slight problems involving zero-gravity and heated sauna rocks.
I thought those served as the shuttle heat-tiles?