Export thread

Shopping for a Printer : Advice Wanted

Jay

Jay

I'm looking for a new printer; it needs to follow the following criteria:

-Color Laser

-Multifunction such as “Print”, “Copy”, “Scan” and Fax possibly

-Good model from a company which doesn’t suck a dick (aka avoid the no name brands)

Does anyone have such a model, or has used one in the past? I'm starting my research now and I'm looking for something solid around the $250 dollar range at best.

TotalFusionOne

Why laser?

Dave

Dave

Why laser?
He's a midget and wants something to hump.

Jay

Jay

I don't want to the store every few weeks and buy new inkjet cartridges, waste time cleaninmg them, always checking to make sure they are ready to be used, caress them... etc.

TotalFusionOne

You'll still have to buy cartridges for a COLOUR laser printer. Unless there has been some amazing advance in lasers in the past ten years.

Shannow

Shannow

Go dot matrix

Baerdog

Baerdog

Dude, Dot Matrix is a total cockblock. You don't want her hanging around all the time.

TotalFusionOne

I won't lie, I have jerked off to two of the girls in that picture.

Bones

Bones

You'll still have to buy cartridges for a COLOUR laser printer. Unless there has been some amazing advance in lasers in the past ten years.
you buy toner that lasts forever

Jay

Jay

^^^

This

Anyone have any advice on certain models?

MindDetective

MindDetective

Laser cartridges do last longer but they are more expensive. In the long run, it tends to be a bit of a wash, although I opted for a laser printer (not color) instead of going inkjet. I'm pretty happy with it. The laser color printer won't do photos as well as an inkjet (though laser technology has improved) but will have have crisper text, generally (which is why I went laser).

If you want a multifunction AND color, it is going to up the cost a bit. I opted for a multifunction with no color, so the cost was reasonable still. I don't have any suggestions for a color one but I bought a Brother. The plastic paper drawer feels a little flimsy but other than that, I'm pretty satisfied with it. I love having the printer connected wirelessly to the network so I can use it with any laptop that has the drivers installed. I highly recommend finding one with wireless connectivity built in. Other than that, you'll have to look around. Brother isn't bad. I saw Dell rated high for a color printer without other functionality so you could see what else they have. HP and Canon would be the other choices, I think. I would avoid Lexmark but you can get a pretty cheap printer from them, usually.

Good luck!

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I've not been impressed with HP over the last couple of years. I've been burned too many times with their recent crappy quality and horribly bloated software.

I am a recovering HP fanboi.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...0 1614340409 1613940385&name=MFC / All-In-One

You are looking at $400...

Jay

Jay

Ya, HP and Lexmark aren't on my wishlist.

Brother >= Canon > Dell > Everything else

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

If at any point you still want to consider inkjet all-in-ones, the Canon PIXMA MP560 and it's older sibling the MP620 are highly regarded, and can be had for $99-$150 USD.

Bones

Bones

like I said on the podcast, Samsung=better then most others