Skin Gun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

makare

That's so great. I know people personally who would have benefited from that technology. It's great that it is becoming available.

If the human race does not put as much effort as they possibly can into the further development and implementation of this I will personally kill the planet.

W

Wasabi Poptart

That reminds me of the guy who had his finger cut off and regrew it using an experimental powder that his brother gave him. It's just amazing.

This is a fucking amazingly genius idea. He's essentially "plating" your own stem cells along the wound and letting them grow at the site. I am uber jealous.

Awesome. I wonder if in a few years this will be common enough I could use it to remove some of my road rash scars?

Similar to saving cord blood, I wonder if it's worthwhile extracting tcells and storing them for future use now that was have at least one emergency procedure that can use them for truly amazing results. I mean wow, that guys skin healed fast. Unfortunately the articles don't give insight into what the conditions for treatment are - the example shows only second degree burns, where the lowest layers of skin (and most nerves, blood supply, etc exist) are still in reasonable condition. What other treatment conditions are necessary to give a reasonable chance of success?

They also don't go into detail about how they get that many tcells that quickly. The video suggested that they expect it would only take 30 minutes or so to get them, making the total treatment time from extraction to spraying only 60-90 minutes.

Anyone with access to the various medical journals find an article detailing the treatment yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.