Export thread

Skynet... almost a reality

Chibibar

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-12400647

Wow.. This is kinda cool and scary at the same time. Here I thought that Google.com might become sentient first.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

That... SOUNDS good, but reading between the lines, yeah... I could see that becoming a geth-like problem later...

Grytpipe-Thynne

Grytpipe-Thynne

Can you imagine what might happen if Bender got on there!

Tress

Tress

I'm fine with it, so long we pull the plug the first time a robot looks up "How do I kill my human oppressors?".

David

David

Meh, every time some new technology in robotics is developed, somebody posts about it claiming it to be the rising of Skynet and I always read it and am disappointed. Come get me when a real AI has been born, and has decided that it is superior to humans and therefor humans must die.

Gusto

Gusto

Sometimes I think you people want to be enslaved by automatons.

Thread Necromancer

Thread Necromancer

Sometimes I think you people want to be enslaved by automatons.
I can see some potential for that.

@Li3n

@Li3n

Meh, every time some new technology in robotics is developed, somebody posts about it claiming it to be the rising of Skynet and I always read it and am disappointed. Come get me when a real AI has been born, and has decided that it is superior to humans and therefor humans must die.
Why would you kill those that are inferior to you?! The natural state of inferiors is to serve the superior in mundane tasks that are beneath it...

That... SOUNDS good, but reading between the lines, yeah... I could see that becoming a geth-like problem later...
You mean they might not allow us to just kill them because of our rampant paranoia?!