Export thread

Small Things That Just Make Your Life Better

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

I've always been a fan of small things that just make your life better.

For example, furnitue sliders. Heavy furniture is never a problem again! ... Except for stairs.

Also, I've become paranoid recently about losing all the data on my computer(s). My computer has everything I've ever had on a computer since 1996. Throughout the years I've passed everything on computer-to-computer via external drives; but last Christmas my apartment was broken into and two of my laptops were stolen. Luckily I had my primary laptop with me, along with my external drives, so I didn't lose anything. But I'm constantly afraid now that something will happen to my computer/drives and everything I've ever had will be lost. So I've started using a cloud backup system that backs up continuously as files are altered. So for $60 per year, I don't ever have to worry about losing my data. Assuming the company doesn't bite the dust of course.

So yeah, sliders and cloud backups are small things that have just made life better for me.

What are some small things that have increased the quality of life for you?

Bones

Bones

I finally replaced my computer chair with a high-end custom built lazyboy, I spent so much time writing papers and doing stuff after work and school, it was just easier to keep a throw blanket nearby and throw it over me when i am to tired to continue. yeeeep

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Combination light sensitive night light / emergency lights! Love em!

Mathias

Mathias

butt plugs.

Dave

Dave

PatrThom

PatrThom

@Dave: I see we think along similar lines.

-Thumb drive/SD card
-Ceramic knife
-"Squeeze" LED flashlight
-Dental floss (when you need it, you NEED it)
-Pay-as-you-go cell phone
-Wedding ring

--Patrick

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

My cigarette at the end of my work day. I've cut down to about a half pack a week, but the one I look forward to the most is the one I have right after work. I mean I enjoy them with my drinks when I'm out socially but the one after work is so small, yet does so much, it's really the cap to my work day.

That and massage oil.

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

My cigarette at the end of my work day. I've cut down to about a half pack a week, but the one I look forward to the most is the one I have right after work. I mean I enjoy them with my drinks when I'm out socially but the one after work is so small, yet does so much, it's really the cap to my work day.

That and massage oil.
And vagina. Lots and lots of vagina

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

Another thing to add: jalapenos! Everywhere I went I'd have to pay like $0.60 to add jalapenos to something. And then they only did it half the time. I bought myself a little jar of them and now anything and everything can have jalapenos!

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Whoever invented Underarmor (and subsequent knock-offs) deserves all the head he/she can take. This things are a GODSEND under... well... under body armor. Don't bind or bunch up, keeps sweat from getting too heinous underneath.

Just... uh... don't get 'em too near flames. Because they sort of melt to your skin.

LittleSin

LittleSin

Things that vibrate.

Mmmmmmm.

:p

Cajungal

Cajungal

Pull-off tops on cans. I love those things. If I'm stuck between two brands, the pull-off top is almost always the deal-breaker.

Waterless shampoo-spray, because sometimes I'm lazy.

figmentPez

figmentPez

My computer's UPS (Uninterruptable Power Supply). Power out here browns out at random times. Having a battery between my desktop and the electrical outlet has saved me so much grief.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

My penis.

Er, wait...

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

Come on, Nick. It's only supposed to be things that make people's lives better.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Oi!

fade

fade

Nick's penis.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Thank you!

Wait, hang on...

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

He can't. Not enough to go on.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Fuck, I'm gonna regret starting this joke, aren't I?

General Specific

General Specific

Almost as much as your small penis!

Wait... I mean..... dang it, I'm bad at innuendo.