Export thread

Smart physics/engineering type people

HoboNinja

HoboNinja

Ok so my buddy saw this book on his teachers desk in Physics 2 and wants to know what this is on the cover.

Anyone know what it is? Sorry for the low res image but its all I could find on google. It's some kind of big like plasma lamp type thing you see at Spencer's.

TotalFusionOne

UGH I REMEMBER WHAT THAT IS. Hang on. I'll remember again.

... Why not just open the book and look at what it is? I remember it having to do something with an early version of the LHC

HoboNinja

HoboNinja

He was just wondering about it now as I was trying to convince him to go to Iowa State heh. We were talking about Physics and Engineering and shit and he remembered seeing it in his class.

Also he is a newb because he is going UoI for Mechanical Engineering instead of ISU.

bhamv3

bhamv3

It's what happens when you push an Anti-Mass Spectrometer to one hundred and five percent.

"It's probably not a problem, probably, but I'm showing a small discrepancy in... well, no, it's well within acceptable bounds again. Sustaining sequence."

Gusto

Gusto

It's what happens when you push an Anti-Mass Spectrometer to one hundred and five percent.

"It's probably not a problem, probably, but I'm showing a small discrepancy in... well, no, it's well within acceptable bounds again. Sustaining sequence."
They're waiting for you, Gordon.

In the test chamber...

klew

klew

I remember it as an Astronomy picture of the day

http://www.phys.ncku.edu.tw/~astrolab/mirrors/apod_e/ap060313.html

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

The Article said:
The plasma reached a temperature in excess of two billion Kelvin, making it the hottest thing ever in the history of the Earth and, for a brief time, hotter than the interiors of stars.
Daaaaaaaaaaaamn! :jaw:

Heavan

They're waiting for you, Gordon.

In the test chamber...[/QUOTE]

Although I will admit that the possibility of a Resonance Cascade scenario is extremely unlikely.