Export thread

so... a father (47) discover this daughter (17) dating a man (57).....

Chibibar

which didn't turn out well
German Father "Fixes" Teen Daughter's 57 Yr. Old Boyfriend, Say Police - Crimesider - CBS News

Wow. that is pretty harsh. What would other fathers do if you found out?
I try to imagine if I was a father what I would do. My wife said, she would kick his arse back to hell.

maron

which didn't turn out well
German Father "Fixes" Teen Daughter's 57 Yr. Old Boyfriend, Say Police - Crimesider - CBS News

Wow. that is pretty harsh. What would other fathers do if you found out?
I try to imagine if I was a father what I would do. My wife said, she would kick his arse back to hell.
and back again for good measure

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Hey, a new person! :)

Oh, and related to the topic... I'd tell that man to stay away from my daughter or he'd take a dunk in the river. There may be some violence involved, but nothing with bladed weapons.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Ew ew ew... to the 57-year-old guy dating a 17 year old kid AND the castration. I don't have kids, but I can imagine being angry enough to want to hurt the guy. That's pretty terrible, though.

Chibibar

Oh, and related to the topic... I'd tell that man to stay away from my daughter or he'd take a dunk in the river. There may be some violence involved, but nothing with bladed weapons.
technically new ;) she be my wife.

Cajungal

Cajungal

technically new ;) she be my wife.[/QUOTE]

Hey, cool, you got her over here. Welcome, Madame! :)

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

technically new ;) she be my wife.[/QUOTE]

Oh. OHHHHH.

Hello, Mrs Chibs ;) Pleased to meet ya.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

He over-reacted a bit I think, but most people that have been responsible for young children can understand.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

I do intend to put the fear of God into any potential daughter's girlfrieds, if I'm ever lucky enough to have a daughter.

Sit down with them, have something to drink, have a talk... and then tell them if they do so much as break a hair of my little girl's head, I'm going to use their testicles as ping-pong balls. >:D

Dave

Dave

I'm not sure what I'd do - and I have a 17 year old daughter. I'd certainly have a talk with the guy and tell him to stay the hell away from her. I'd block the guy's number from our phone, block his IP and email from her computer, update the software I use to monitor her and tell her that although she is technically of an age where she can make the decision which man she goes out with, the 57 year old guy is creepy and is not interested in her as a person at all but is instead only interested in girls as young as he can legally find them. In a few years she would be too old for him and he'd find some other child to bother.

My first instinct was violence as many others here, but seeing as that would do nothing but fuel the flames ("But Daddy I LOVE HIM!!!") it would not be the rational thing to do.

Dude's a fucking sicko, though.

Jiarn

My daughter, date someone older than me?

There'd be no news on the subject. I wouldn't leave evidence.

strawman

strawman

But what if she was really mature for her age?

:bolt:

figmentPez

figmentPez

I wonder if Shego gives discounts for worthy causes.

...or would that be a case of "out of the frying pan, into the fire"?

Fun Size

Fun Size

Well, let's not be rash. I mean, was the dude rich? 'Cause if so, he could have pushed to make it legal and all that.

Also: he won't have the balls to do that again.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Well, let's not be rash. I mean, was the dude rich? 'Cause if so, he could have pushed to make it legal and all that.

Also: he won't have the balls to do that again.
He'll have the balls to do it again...

This time they will be in a jar on his dresser.

Disconnected

FLP LOL

Stop encouraging shego goddamit.

regarding the story. Father Fail.
what the fuck is wrong with german people?! That is a loooooong fit of 'blind rage' how far did he live from this guy?? He got 2 Co-workers to help?? What the hell did he tell these 2 people?
Also he asked police to do something and they were 'powerless'.

Your duty as a father is to help your kid make better choices you fucktard not mutilate some midlife crisis pervert.

Chibibar

FLP LOL

Stop encouraging shego goddamit.

regarding the story. Father Fail.
what the fuck is wrong with german people?! That is a loooooong fit of 'blind rage' how far did he live from this guy?? He got 2 Co-workers to help?? What the hell did he tell these 2 people?
Also he asked police to do something and they were 'powerless'.

Your duty as a father is to help your kid make better choices you fucktard not mutilate some midlife crisis pervert.
The father did protect future "other daughters" being "manipulated" by this pervert. He is a eunuch now.

Matt²

I think he shoulda Bobbitized him.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Finding out his daughter was dating must've made the guy teste.

IronBrig4

IronBrig4

I think the guy went a little.. nuts?

I'm not a father, but if it were me I'd tell him to stay the hell away from her. And the missus would have a good long talk with her about making non-retarded choices.

Dave

Dave

17 year old girls make retarded choices all the time, and especially if they think it'll piss their parents off.

So in this case he could have written the guy a strongly worded letter, but the pen is not necessarily mightier than the sword. Or butter knife.

makare

This was the right course of action:

Hylian

Hylian

This was the right course of action:

Adam

Adammon

But what if she was really mature for her age?

Hooray! Been a long time since...