Export thread

So did you hear about the southwest pilot That held the plane up on purpose?

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

Punchline: it's not a joke. you can't just scroll over me in order to see the punchline you're actually going to have to click on the thread, but the punchline is a tearjerker and just shows the highs and lows of humanity in one sentence.

He held up the plane so that a man could get one last goodbye with his 3 year old grandson before he was taken off life support after being beat to death by his daughters live in boyfriend.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/201101...armingairlinestoryof2011xidrssfullnationyahoo

makare

Man that is seriously touching. I am not going to cry....

ThatGrinningIdiot!

ThatGrinningIdiot!

That is one courageous pilot. :)

Wasabi Poptart

Wow. What a touching story.

Jiarn

Big change from the Airline Cashier that wouldn't help that one girl reach her dying grandmother because she had to take her "mandated break".

Chibibar

Big change from the Airline Cashier that wouldn't help that one girl reach her dying grandmother because she had to take her "mandated break".
That is sad. That just tells me (from that scenario) that the person doesn't like her work. Because, if it was me, I would have stayed until I finish with that customer. As an IT, I always forgo my lunch/break or even clocking out to help a customer until we are done or at least at a mutual stopping point.

I commend that pilot. It took guts to do something like that cause there is a chance that he could have lost his job from this.

Mathias

Mathias

That is sad. That just tells me (from that scenario) that the person doesn't like her work. Because, if it was me, I would have stayed until I finish with that customer. As an IT, I always forgo my lunch/break or even clocking out to help a customer until we are done or at least at a mutual stopping point.

I commend that pilot. It took guts to do something like that cause there is a chance that he could have lost his job from this.
And that's the bottom line as to why people in these positions (like TSA, security, etc...) act like policy reciting dickheads with no common sense.

fade

fade

The story is sad all around. The kid was killed by an abusive stepfather, wasn't he? I seem to recall it involved a "bodyslam". That's just even more gut-wrenching.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Good on him. What a sad story. It's a nice change to read about people with some common decency (who won't be bullied out of using it).