Export thread

So I stuck my foot in my mouth Saturday...

Dave

Dave

It all started innocently enough. I had picked up a DJ gig to help out my old boss. The way I do things is I set up my gear and then go to the front and open the door for the guests. This accomplishes two things. First, it allows me to talk to everyone going in, joke around a little and make them feel a little more comfortable if they want to request a song. The second thing is that when the wedding party arrive I'm not at my table picking my ass and I can guide them through the Grand Entrance.

Saturday night the place I was at was actually an apartment/business complex with a banquet hall on the 10th floor. Because of this, a lot of people were going in and out who were not guests. No worries, I still opened the door for each of them. It's only polite.

Then this little old man in a wheelchair comes out, his little dog in his lap on a leash. They exit the building and I watch them go about a block away & out of sight. Fast forward about 15 minutes later and here they come back again, the little dog still riding merrily on his master's lap. Since I always talk to everyone who comes by I thought I'd make the observation that the little dog got to ride the whole way. What I said was:

"Now THAT'S the kind of walk I like! The kind where you don't HAVE to walk!!"

:facepalm:

The guy was very nice and figured out what I was talking about, but man did I mess that one up.

PatrThom

PatrThom

That was quite a Boner, Dave.

--Patrick

Dave

Dave

makare

Very George W Bush

Dave

Dave

Very George W Bush
Jesus Christ! Go right for the jugular, why don't you? I thought we were friends and you go and call me those bad names? :oops:

makare

I guess you think like him too.

Emrys

Emrys

Would that be a George W Bush-level of stupid or a Sarah Palin-level?

Gusto

Gusto

Who let Dave out of the house?

Covar

Covar

Stuck your foot in your mouth? REAL SENSITIVE DAVE!

Dave

Dave

What? He had feet, they were just not functional.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

That mess-up was quite the feat, Dave.

General Specific

General Specific

If you make a slip of the tongue like that, just keep rolling and hope they don't notice.

strawman

strawman

Ah, the sweet smell of defeet.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Way to Jam you Toes in your Mouf.

Emrys

Emrys

Didn't have a leg up on the situation.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

I think you're jumping to conclusions, Dave. I'm sure this incident has already skipped this guy's mind. Just remember you put your best foot forward on trying to please him. Don't let your conscience walk all over you, man!

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

I love it when a thread degenerates into puns.

Dave

Dave

I can't do puns very well. It's my handicap.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

That's lame.

@Li3n

@Li3n

The dog totally set you up man...

Cajungal

Cajungal

I enjoyed that so much... My cold actually feels better.

Null

Null

I just wonder what context that line would possibly have worked in.

Covar

Covar

I can't do puns very well. It's my handicap.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

Don't be trippin', Dave. He won't be either.

Dave

Dave

Don't be trippin', Dave. He won't be either.
Nope. That's just how he rolls.