So I'm starting something..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been very impressed with my weight as of lately, I'm not fat, but I am slightly overweight I'm 5'7 and almost 190 pounts where ideal weight for my height is about 150 one of the guys I work with started the insanity workout thing and I did some research on it and said screw it and dropped $120 down and bought it myself it's a 60 day workout regime they say it's a motherfucker so wish me luck. When I get it in the mail and finish it and everything I'll post before and after pictures so wish me luck!

Dave

Staff member
You can best lose the weight by not pushing the button and receiving bacon so much.

(Good luck!)

I did Insanity, that shit works. Between Insanity, Spartan Workout (300 workout), and Arson I have gone from 230 to 186 in about 3 1/2 months. Good luck, and remember you can work out all day, but if you don't change your eating habits/diet all the exercise in the world will not help.

I did Insanity, that shit works. Between Insanity, Spartan Workout (300 workout), and Arson I have gone from 230 to 186 in about 3 1/2 months. Good luck, and remember you can work out all day, but if you don't change your eating habits/diet all the exercise in the world will not help.
That's not true. You can run 30 miles a day and then swim 30 more miles, and probably get away with eating all you want...

But yeah you're right. People try to beat around the bush and trick thermodynamics. It's really a simple formula. More fat used up than stored = weight loss. i.e. less calories in than out. People try to blame genetics, metabolism, and everything else under the Sun, but the bottom line in 99% of fat vs. fit people is that the fat people eat WAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY too much, even if they say they have a slow metabolism.

My only major advice is to stop eating processed food. Your body knows how to get every bit of energy it can out of a porkchop better than a pop tart.

but the bottom line in 99% of fat vs. fit people is that the fat people eat WAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY too much, even if they say they have a slow metabolism.
This. I already don't eat that unhealthily, so I'm trying to get serious about portion control, and then eating fruit when I'm hungry in between meals.

This. I already don't eat that unhealthily, so I'm trying to get serious about portion control, and then eating fruit when I'm hungry in between meals.
Don't eat lots of fruit. Lots of fruit can actually make you fat. I'd recommend alternating between fruit and carrots/salad.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/issa14.htm

Eat fruit, but just don't go thinking that lots of fruit is good for you. Eating a piece of fruit over a candy bar is good, but eating a carrot or homemade granola bar is better. You'll get the most bang for your buck with the granola bar.

Don't eat lots of fruit. Lots of fruit can actually make you fat. I'd recommend alternating between fruit and carrots/salad.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/issa14.htm

Eat fruit, but just don't go thinking that lots of fruit is good for you. Eating a piece of fruit over a candy bar is good, but eating a carrot or homemade granola bar is better. You'll get the most bang for your buck with the granola bar.
Good idea, but I average about a nectarine or two a day (I eat more veggies than fruit), so I'm not too concerned about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.