So the NFL schedules are out now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Staff member
The NFL schedules were released yesterday and this morning I went to NFL.com like a kid on Christmas. Then I saw the schedule for the Cowboys. Ho-Lee-SHIT!

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/interactive#/team=DAL

It starts out okay but right around Thanksgiving it goes from moderate to absolutely brutal!

Thanksgiving is the Saints and then after that they have the Eagles twice, the Colts, Arizona and the Skins. If they aren't 8-3 or 9-2 going in to this stretch they may not make the playoffs.

H

Hyimi

I can't wait til the Thanksgiving game when the Saints play the Cowboys. Gonna be sweet when they stomp them good and get revenge for the loss last season. I think most Saints fans are more excited about this game then any other this upcoming season.

Dave

Staff member
What I don't get is why the Cowboys have the 3rd hardest schedule while the Saints have the 27th hardest! And why the poor Texans have the hardest. That's fucked up.

I'm pleased. Currently there will be at least 5 Giant games I will definitely be able to watch without going to a bar. :D

H

Hyimi

Yeah, the Saints are getting some of the easy teams this year, like the Seahawks, the Buccaneers, and the Rams. The Jaguars should be a relatively easy win too. But they have a few challenging teams too: the Cowboys, Vikings, Ravens. Not sure of the Browns though, I think they might be a wild card this year; they are really working to improve themselves for this season. Still hate that they snapped up Scott Fujita. I can't blame Fujita for that though, the Browns offered him a really great deal, probably the last major deal of his career.

But good lord did the Texans get boned.

I am not sure how the Panthers will do this year. We finally did something about Delhomme, but then we just let Peppers walk with nothing in return. Delhomme signed with the Browns and we will see him again late in the season, but we also will see Peppers again now that he's with the Bears and that game will be week 6. So, that is in the make or break period and he may just break us. Peppers can still be the most dominant pass rusher in the league when he wants to be, trick is getting him to want it. I think he will have that motivation when facing us again.

Looking at the schedules of the other NFC South teams, it looks like the Saints will take the #1 spot again. The Panthers and Falcons are kind of tied, not sure which one will do better. If Matt Moore plays well for us, then I can see the Panthers probably making the #2 spot and a possible Wild Card spot. If not, or if the Falcons play really well this year despite the tougher schedule, they will take #2 and bump the Panthers to #3 and missing the playoffs entirely. That will likely get John Fox fired.

Looking at my secondary team, the Houston Texans, well, they have a brutal schedule and it is rated as the toughest next year. So, not getting my hopes up too high for them.

Cajungal

Staff member
Oooooooo, I'm shaking in my ragged, comfortable flip flops.

No, but really, I don't keep up much with football. I definitely got sucked into the excitement last year, but I'm not a TRUE Saints fan. Not like the rest of the rabid "who dat" nation...

What I don't get is why the Cowboys have the 3rd hardest schedule while the Saints have the 27th hardest! And why the poor Texans have the hardest. That's fucked up.
Because the schedules are set forever in advance except for two games, and since the Saints and Cowboys both won their divisions, they both get the first place teams.

Every year I keep on hoping that the Ravens'll be able to beat the Colts. Apparently that won't be happening during the regular season.

Hear me now: The 49ers will win their division and return to their rightful status as a playoff team.
Winning a Western division hardly makes you a playoff team.[/QUOTE]

Baseless east coast snobbery in sports is getting old. The NFC West has the Cardinals and what looks to be a rejuvinated Seahawks team under Pete Carrol. Winning it IS an accomplishment, and it's nowhere near the weakest division in football.

Baseless east coast snobbery in sports is getting old. The NFC West has the Cardinals and what looks to be a rejuvinated Seahawks team under Pete Carrol. Winning it IS an accomplishment, and it's nowhere near the weakest division in football.
If not the NFC West, then what is the weakest division in football? Since the way I look at it now, there isn't one starting QB between all four NFC West teams.

J

Jonzac

Hear me now: The 49ers will win their division and return to their rightful status as a playoff team.
Winning a Western division hardly makes you a playoff team.[/QUOTE]

This from a team that is playing the DEADSKINS and the hapless EAGLEs for a total of 4 games?

You also get the BEARS, LIONS and TEXANS and your complaining about a weak schedule and division? Please! The Beast of the East is a fiction long dead in the 80's.

Bah, just noticed that my Chargers are going to have to play both the COLTS and the PATRIOTS this year...nothing like getting a playoff preview. Hopefully, we can stay healthy and the new drafted nose tackle can contribute right away.

If not the NFC West, then what is the weakest division in football? Since the way I look at it now, there isn't one starting QB between all four NFC West teams.[/QUOTE]
AFC West can give them a run for the money.

---------- Post added at 01:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 PM ----------

NFC East a weak division? Hah. That must be why in the past five years the NFC East has put teams in 7 out of the 10 available wildcard slots.

In contrast there has only been 1 team from a Western Division to earn the wildcard.

If not the NFC West, then what is the weakest division in football? Since the way I look at it now, there isn't one starting QB between all four NFC West teams.[/QUOTE]

The AFC West or, believe it or not, the NFC South. Of course that would be after you take away the Saints. Without the Saints, the NFC South has the pathetic group of Panthers, Bucs, and Falcons.

Oh, and Alex Smith is going to surprise people this year. His numbers have been weak because he's had terrible coaches, new offensive coordinators almost every year, and a sorry o-line. Not anymore (hopefully the new o-line will live up to the hype).

J

Jonzac

Without a doubt the AFC West is a weak division with the Chargers head and shoulders above the others...the difference is I see and admit it, while you NFC Central and East fans seem bound to the fiction that your division is the hardest around...pffft. Is someone really trying to convince me the Redskins are better than the Raiders? The Eagles just gave away a Hall of Fame QB and replaced him with no one...KC and Eagles are very similar...which leaves two teams in teh AFC West to content...just like the NFC East. So if the AFC West is weak, how can anyone argue the NFC East isn't just as weak of division.?
Posted via Mobile Device

What. The Redskins are miles ahead of the Raiders. Did you forget the Eagles gave away the "hall of fame QB" TO the Redskins?

The Eagles would also demolish the Chiefs 9 out of 10 games.

This is all a moot point since the AFC South is the best division in the NFL by far.

J

Jonzac

Being forced to live in DC all I hear about is the Deadskins and I'm positive they are still a 4 -5 win team...still no O-line and Portis is still the featured running back. No deep threat and a $100 million player that is disgruntled...Right now I'd take Campbell and the Raiders over the Redskins.

But your right about the AFC South.

Status
Not open for further replies.