Export thread

Someone get me to rehab...

Cuyval Dar

...I just spent 6 hours straight on tvtropes, and I'm wondering why I'm so hungry.

Terrik

Terrik

Im still on TVtropes..I never got off....I never got off...I never got off...I nev....

Cuyval Dar

Here we go again!

Denbrought

Denbrought

I have my navi set up to not let me access tvtropes... Too many brave hours have already been lost in the battle.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Damnit, why did someone so talented have to go so wrong.....

Rubicon

I honestly never saw the appeal of tvtropes.. I mean its just a really comprehensive database of genres, archetype labeling and plot outlinning. Basically a more in depth wikipedia. Not that's a bad thing, it's a cool site I just don't see how people get sucked into reading it for hours and hours..

ZenMonkey

ZenMonkey

YouTube - Amy Winehouse - Rehab

Damnit, why did someone so talented have to go so wrong.....
That is exactly what leapt to mind when I read this thread title. Then I put it on.

Not to derail further, but I love this mashup: http://www.partyben.com/PartyBen-Rehab(Can'tHelpMyself).mp3

Bubble181

Bubble181

Too many years..eerr....hours lost on there already. It IS addictive >_<

bhamv3

bhamv3

I tried it a few times, but I think I don't know enough popular culture to really enjoy it. I don't watch that many films or shows, play that many games, read that much comics...

Lally

I got through so many boring classes reading TVTropes... I also lost so many free hours I could have been doing something productive during, but that's okay too. As a writer, it's been a big help in learning what plot points/character types are overdone.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Cajungal

Cajungal

Never been.

Andromache

i spent about ten minutes on Tvtropes. I've also never really heard of Amy Winehouse.

Gusto

Gusto

I like it okay.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

I was on tvtropes for a few minutes, I guess I didn't "get it".

ZenMonkey

ZenMonkey

I like it okay.
I guess I can see the potential for addictive clicking, but I always get enough after a few pages.

Gusto

Gusto

I like it okay.
I guess I can see the potential for addictive clicking, but I always get enough after a few pages.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, usually someone links into a specific article based on the topic at hand, and maybe I read it, and then maybe a couple related articles, then I'm out. Ten or twenty minutes, tops.

ZenMonkey

ZenMonkey

Yeah, usually someone links into a specific article based on the topic at hand, and maybe I read it, and then maybe a couple related articles, then I'm out. Ten or twenty minutes, tops.
Exactly. There will be those 10 or 20 minutes each time, but I could never spend hours on the site.

coolbeans

The place is the biggest timesink I have access to. I'd agree its groovy from a writing point of view but I tend to get very little writing done whenever the tropes rears its head :(

Speaking of rehab, any good ways to get me out of WoW, I just started again and I've a bad feeling about it this time.

Wahad

Wahad

The place is the biggest timesink I have access to. I'd agree its groovy from a writing point of view but I tend to get very little writing done whenever the tropes rears its head :(

Speaking of rehab, any good ways to get me out of WoW, I just started again and I've a bad feeling about it this time.
Stop buying additional months of playtime after your subscription runs out. Alternatively, let someone other than you who can keep a secret change your password.

twitchmoss

twitchmoss

i'm an OP on the irc channel. i think i'm past needing rehab. i need a fucking EXORCIST.

Iaculus

Yesss... Join usss... :twisted: