Export thread

Spider-Man, Spider-Man, does whatever a comic book thief catcher can...

@Li3n

@Li3n

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8659278.stm

Spider-Man foils comic book thief

A comic book shop owner in Australia became a real-life superhero when he caught a robber red-handed.

Michael Baulderstone, who was dressed as Spider-Man for a promotional event, spied a customer behaving suspiciously.
CCTV footage shows him \"leap\" into action and confront the would-be shoplifter who had slipped a AU$160 (£97) X-Men book into his bag.
Mr Baulderstone said customers at the shop in Adelaide thought it was a stunt until he asked them to call the police.
\"We had about 40 people dressed up as their favourite superheroes to celebrate International Free Comic Day, so he [the thief] didn't have much of a choice but to hand the X-Men Omnibus back after a little bit of a scuffle,\" Mr Baulderstone told the Adelaide Advertiser.

He said a group of Jedi knights blocked the door to prevent the thief from escaping, as The Flash looked on.
\"I've had a look at the security footage and it shows Spiderman running down the corridor of the shop, grabbing this guy, hauling him off,\" said the 45-year-old.
\"It was a bit serious at the time, but now we're looking back laughing at what greeted police when they arrived.\"
Think what would have happened to the would be thief if that was a Spidey Omnibus.

Dave

Dave

He was foiled...by IRON THOR!!

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

It WAS free comic book day... He just opted for the most expensive book in the store.

LittleSin

LittleSin

Dude, wish I could see the video for this.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

It'll be on YouTube before long...

General Specific

General Specific

The question I have is did the Jedis block the door with The Force?

IronBrig4

IronBrig4

Best. News story. Ever.