[Other] Squeak, the gaming mice thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't see any other threads of this nature for the last couple of pages (and many months) of activity, so I thought I'd make one.

I currently run a rather bare bones Razer Naga gaming mouse. It works pretty well for a budget gaming mouse but I want something a little more meeeeeaty.

Here are the candidates.

1. The Cyborg MMO7 Super duper customizable ultra futurey gaming deluxe edition mark 12.

It features like 9000 different customizable buttons and a toggle switch to enable even further customization as well as the whole RAT7 array of customization available in the size, weight and dimensions of the mouse itself. Since it's so designed for MMO use it even has it's own WoW mod that makes it easier to program commands into it's buttons. It has up to 6400 dpi performance (overkill for MMO's I think) and 16 million colour backlight if you're that nuts for it.

This little bugger runs about 130 bucks Canadian. That's the downside as I see it.

2. The Cyborg RAT7 gaming mouse.

Basically the same as the MMO mouse except it's more shooter oriented with it's lower sensitivity sniper button (for more precise snipering) and it's smaller pricetag of 100 bucks Canadian.

3. The Razer Naga MMO edition

Basically the big brother of the mouse I currently use. It has the same form factor with the added keypad in the thumb spot. This little man runs about 85 Canadian.

4. The Logitech G9X Laser Mouse

Logitech's premier gaming mouse features all the bells and whistles of a high end gaming with a nice on the fly DPI switch. I always see it recommended but I don't know a lot about it otherwsie. It runs 100 bucks.

So what do you enthusiasts think?

My mouse choice since I started gaming has always been logitech. My current gen one:

The Logitech G5. High ass DPI, *enough* customizeable buttons, and best of all, adjustable weights to make it exactly the most comfortable weight for movement I'd want.

Logitech doesn't sell those anymore.

I'm thinking of just splurging on the RAT. My buddy who shares my love of stupid expensive shit swears by his, claims it's so adjustable to become basically an extension of your hand.

Thermaltake Black Element is the mouse I'm using right now, and I really really like it. It has a lot less buttons than some of those other monstrosities, but it's comfortable, reasonably customizable, and I've had exactly zero issues with it ~9 months in.

Also, compared to some of those it's a pretty good bargain!

http://www.ttesports.com/products/product.aspx?s=16

You know I hear people recommending Razor mice, but they just look like they would be extremely uncomfortable to actually use.

I too have a Logitech G5. Wonderful mouse.

They don't make my favorite mouse. Well, it was a trackball, but I loved the hell out of it. It fit my hand perfectly. Unfortunately the newer models weren't as ergonomically great. Now I just use a stock mouse, though, I'm looking for a keyboard mouse combo that has some range as I'm now using my TV for a monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.