[Funny] Star Wars vs. Doctor Who -FIGHT!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Staff member
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-22542222

No, seriously. Star Wars fans and Doctor Who fans got into a fight at a UK convention. Apparently, a group was having a convention with a couple Doctor Who actors. A couple guys from a rival club showed up to get autographs and a brawl ensued.

Jim Poole, treasurer of Norwich Sci-Fi Club, said there was a history of rivalry and disputes between the two clubs, which both hold their own conventions in the city.
:confused:

I love the description of the actual "brawl"

"After lengthy investigation, talking to witnesses and reviewing good CCTV footage it was determined that there was no assault."

"Mr. Poole said he was wearing a club top and his fellow member was dressed as the fifth doctor... He said once inside the hall, he received verbal abuse from a member of the rival club and called the police."

Do these kids still live in their parents basement and have to call the police every time someone calls them a name?

Dave

Staff member
I thought that was funny as well. And the dude who says, "There was no fight." So there was yelling and someone called the cops. Around my neighborhood I call that "Tuesday".

I dug the hell out of it. Given my ambivalence or quasi-disdain for Star Wars today, though, I probably wouldn't enjoy it as much.

On the bright side, you can say Star Wars movies are currently 50/50 for being good. Can't do that for Superman.
You're right, it's actually better odds, with 3/5 good ones: Superman 1 & 2 and Superman Returns. Not many will agree with me on that one, mind you.

Yeah, I would call it even.

Only the first 3 Star Wars movies are worth watching, so that's 50-50.

Of Superman 1,2,3, and Returns, only 1 and 2 are really worth watching, so that's also 50-50.[DOUBLEPOST=1368731306][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, obligatory PVP reference from the good old days:

Status
Not open for further replies.