Export thread

Super Cliche Fighter Turbo!

Espy

Espy

That was... really good for a film school student.

I guess having 100,000 smackers doesn't hurt.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

A very nice short with a nice theorical basis too! I mean, maybe it's not too difficult to dissect this genre, but this fil has everything it needs to to be archetypical.

Soliloquy

Honestly, I lost interest two minutes into it. I guess I just can't stand hackneyed writing.

Cat

Cat

Well I thought that was twenty minutes well spent.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

That guy needs to stay in school a bit longer. was it supposed to be bad?

Catafish

I would play the shit out of that game!
>.>
<.<
>.>
Is that not what we are focusing on?

Soliloquy

That guy needs to stay in school a bit longer. was it supposed to be bad?
Well, from what I saw, it was quite well-shot, which is really what film school is all about. And given the title, I think it was supposed to be poorly-written.

The problem is, it wasn't nearly tongue-in-cheek enough to make it an enjoyably poorly-written film. As-is, (to me at least) it was just bland.

Rob King

Rob King

This is pretty good. I'm only halfway through, but I'm certainly enjoying it, lackluster acting aside.

I've suffered through worse television.

phil

phil

I liked it except for the tourny montage at the end.

"ok, flail about for a bit and then if you're not playing a character look sad after 10 seconds"

Soliloquy

Maybe there's a disadvantage to me not watching any television--I have too high of standards.

Rob King

Rob King

Maybe there's a disadvantage to me not watching any television--I have too high of standards.
No television? That's impressive.

Soliloquy

When you see how much time I spend online, it's a lot less impressive.

Rob King

Rob King

Hahah. I know how you mean. I really need to get this laptop amputated eventually.

IronBrig4

IronBrig4

Hey, it's better than the Street Fighter movie.

Espy

Espy

It's not a *good* movie. It's a *good* student VFX piece. This guy is no worse than half the hacks making effects driven movies and he's a hell of a lot better than some... I'M LOOKING AT YOU UWE:mad:

The acting is very meh, and the script is, I think, a lot better than I would have expected.