Superbowl Squares!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Staff member
It's that time of year again, folks! Being broke means it's not a contest, but I am setting up a Superbowl grid again this year. To enter you go here and choose up to 4 squares. When the entire grid is filled and the teams are set for the Superbowl, the numbers will be randomly generated. If your numbers match you win, plain & simple. So if you have AFC 0 and NFC 3 and the score is AFC 20 - NFC 23 (or AFC 10 - NFC 3) you win!

Again, no prize, but you'll feel the joy of being able to gloat that you are the victor!

Oh, and I know it would be easy to choose 4 squares, make a new account, choose 4 more squares, etc. But please don't. Give others a chance. If the grid is not completely filled a couple days before the game I'll let you know & you can get some more squares.

Again, you win nothing....but it costs nothing, either.
Added at: 21:24
By the way, the software apparently assumes it costs money so even though it's set for $0, it still says to contact me for payment. Which is dumb. Ignore it.

Random smack-talk! Your random squares are so without game they won't even get marked at the Superbowl!

W

wana10

I have chosen squares of power and dignity! They shall lead me to victory!

Pattern schmattern! I can tell exactly where your aircraft carrier is, and I'll destroy it when I darn well please!
Added at: 13:42
And your battleship, for that matter. There's lots of places for your patrol boat, destroyer and submarine, but they won't be hard to find now.

Dave

Staff member
You're not crazy. I opened a ticket with FanStar. We had the damned thing over half filled.

Dave

Staff member
True, but what a pain in the ass.
Added at: 21:02
They've been restored.
Added at: 21:02
Wait. No they haven't. They are GETTING restored, but right now it's fucked.

Dave

Staff member
Good news/bad news.

It's fixed...sort of. But during the time when it was wiped Dei picked her squares. 3 of the 4 she picked had already been picked by others and SHOULD have been reserved. So Me, Krisken and evilmike have 3 squares instead of 4. And since you can't use the same name as before and I can't just add you anywhere, you will either have to live with 3 or go under another name for your 1 square. i.e. Krisken 2, etc.

Dave

Staff member
Don't worry. After the teams are picked there will be a mad rush for these things. If they don't get filled you'll be able to pick a few more just for fun.

Dave

Staff member
Fuck the Superbowl Squares. It's broken. Again. Sending a letter to the owner of the site and letting him know that I am displeased. I've been using their software now for a good number of years and this is the first time anything like this has happened. Damn it. It was a good try, though.

You played a good random square Krisken!

I was almost sure Allen's random squares were going to get you in the 4th, but you stood strong!

Well played, sir. Savor this victory.

Dave

Staff member
Yeah, I got an unsatisfactory answer from the dev. He said that it was my fault and that I hadn't passworded my Admin page so of course it was random people going in and deleting squares maliciously. Right. I don't buy it for a bit.

1. Why would they just delete a certain amount & not wipe the thing clean?
  2. Why wouldn't they mess with the settings or anything like that? At LEAST they'd change the PayPal and make it so people had to pay $1 to get a square.
  3. It happened at the same time the teams were added. Coincidence?
  4. When I went to change the password my computer auto-filled it. This means I HAD a password and his whole argument is invalid.
I told him all of this and got nothing back.

Status
Not open for further replies.