Export thread

That sound you hear is PETA getting its knickers in a twist

Fun Size

Fun Size

In response to rampant rabbits, a town in Sweden is now heating homes through bunny power.

When reached for comment, a Mr. Bugs Bunny said, "Of course you realize, this means war".

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Sounds reasonable to me. Love the poll on the other linked site "Could this be done in NYC with rats?" is one of the poll options.

WolfOfOdin

Rabbits also make a tasty stew.

On an unrelated note, I'm not allowed within 50 feet of PeTA's building in New York due to an IRL trolling expedition.

Hylian

Hylian

Rabbits are very tasty. MMMmmmm I am making myself hungry just thinking about them.

Bergamot

Could be worse, they could be heating the town with Sea Kittens

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

that would be worse. if I recall correctly, sea kittens don't have nearly enough fat to power a city.

Shakey

Shakey

Good lord that would stink something fierce.

HoboNinja

HoboNinja

Rabbits also make a tasty stew.

On an unrelated note, I'm not allowed within 50 feet of PeTA's building in New York due to an IRL trolling expedition.
Please elaborate :p

My western civ professor told the class about how when he was in college he turned around their whole throwing fake blood on fur coats and threw real blood on some PETA members protesting.

He was already my favorite professor before that but that made me like him even more.

WolfOfOdin

It was an incident which included myself wearing a bacon-patterned suit (a suit that looks like it's made of bacon) and a cowboy hat, with leather boots breakdancing to the Revernd Horton Heat's "Eat Beef" song outside the front door and in the main lobby.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

It was an incident which included myself wearing a bacon-patterned suit (a suit that looks like it's made of bacon) and a cowboy hat, with leather boots breakdancing to the Revernd Horton Heat's "Eat Beef" song outside the front door and in the main lobby.
*clap*clap*clap*clap*clap*clap*clap*clap*

ZenMonkey

ZenMonkey

PETA doesn't wear knickers, as they were tested on animals.

Cuyval Dar

Crap, he tricked us into giving him page views.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Um... "a town in Sweden"? That's the bleedin' capital, not some bum-boinkin' community in Härjedalen!

Also, I don't give a damn about PETA. I'll eat my tortured birds, chicken menstruations, pig ass, baby cows and sea kittens without a tinge of remorse.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

I'll eat my [STRIKE]tortured birds[/STRIKE] poultry, [STRIKE]chicken menstruations[/STRIKE] eggs, pig ass, [STRIKE]baby cows[/STRIKE] veal and [STRIKE]sea kittens[/STRIKE] fish without a tinge of remorse.
What is pig ass referring to? Do you mean bacon from the loin?

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

... Pig Ass is Ham.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

I thought it was bacon?

Baerdog

Baerdog

Good news everyone! I discovered a chart showing all the major cuts of pork.

Bacon comes from the belly. Ham comes from the rear legs and rump. The butt is actually the shoulder.

Krisken

Krisken

Dammit Baer, every time! I laugh every time you start with that phrase.

Iaculus

Wait... the loin's near the back? How does that make sense?

Laurelai

loin (loin)
n.

The part of the body of a human or quadruped on either side of the backbone and between the ribs and hips.

One of several cuts of meat, such as tenderloin, taken from this part of an animal's body, typically including the vertebrae of the segment from which it is taken.

SeraRelm

MAKE THEM PAY IN BLOOD!

Sorry, what?

Iaculus

loin (loin)
n.

The part of the body of a human or quadruped on either side of the backbone and between the ribs and hips.

One of several cuts of meat, such as tenderloin, taken from this part of an animal's body, typically including the vertebrae of the segment from which it is taken.[/QUOTE]

Hrm - why the loincloth, then? Doesn't do much to cover the kidney region.

Krisken

Krisken

I'm more interested in knowing if this is where the term "picnic" came from.

SeraRelm

"1748 (in Chesterfield's "Letters"), but rare before c.1800 as an Eng. institution, from Fr. piquenique (1692), perhaps a reduplication of piquer "to pick, peck," from O.Fr. (see pike (2)), or the second element may be nique "worthless thing," from a Gmc. source. Originally a fashionable pot-luck social affair, not necessarily out of doors. Figurative sense of "something easy" is from 1886."

Krisken

Krisken

\"1748 (in Chesterfield's \"Letters\"), but rare before c.1800 as an Eng. institution, from Fr. piquenique (1692), perhaps a reduplication of piquer \"to pick, peck,\" from O.Fr. (see pike (2)), or the second element may be nique \"worthless thing,\" from a Gmc. source. Originally a fashionable pot-luck social affair, not necessarily out of doors. Figurative sense of \"something easy\" is from 1886.\"
I'm going to go with "No", then. Thanks Sera.

SeraRelm

*has a love for etymology*

figmentPez

figmentPez

Such ups and downs for PETA this week. I'm sure they're all pissed over bunnies getting burned, but they're probably thrilled that a vegetarian spider has been found.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Such ups and downs for PETA this week. I'm sure they're all pissed over bunnies getting burned, but they're probably thrilled that a vegetarian spider has been found.
Oh for fucks sake... it rears it's children? It raises them in a web spun home? This is the lamest spider I've ever heard of.

Fun Size

Fun Size

Crap, he tricked us into giving him page views.
What you meant to say was "It's a trap".

And I knew the bunny slaughter happened in Stockholm, but from the wording of the article it felt like the burning might be somewhere else. Not trying to slight anyone.