Export thread

ThatNickGuy's Youtube Series

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

If Dave and co. think this thread belongs more in the Artist's Corner, feel free to move it. I wasn't sure, since it's not exactly "artistic".

Near the end of last year, I started doing a series of videos on YouTube. I've called it "Our Never Ending Battle" and is specifically about ways to overcome depression. I still fight with it myself, but I thought others might get some help out of these.

As I say in the first video, I'm not expert or have a doctorate, but like others that watch the videos, I'm just someone trying to cope. I fall sometimes, but I've found a lot of healthy ways of dealing with depression.

It's still a learning process for me, making these videos. I'm still trying to get the right sound and lighting (as you'll see in the badly lit third video). The whole thing is being recorded on a little digital camera that's more for taking pictures than anything else. Still, it's also good practice for me for public speaking. I can be a smartass with one-liners and puns, but when it comes to formal public speaking, I suck.

Anyway, have a look when you have a chance and tell me what you think.

Made Ya Blush

Made Ya Blush

You are in dire need of a camera woman. Otherwise, I think these videos are a great way to help others suffering from depression. Keep it up. :)

Philosopher B.

Man, this is spooky. I just re-started exercising lately and I finally have an appointment tomorrow to talk to my doctor about the problems I'm having. There's just a point I've reached where I can be in a situation and intellectually tell myself 'You shouldn't feel quite this terrible,' but I'm just so goddamn depressed most of the time that I can't put it off or deny any longer, I need something to change. Whether my doctor tries me on antidepressants or not we'll see, but whereas in the distant past I would've scoffed at the idea, I'll do anything right at this juncture to feel even a little better.

Anyway, fantastic vids, man, keep 'em up! I think you did great talking in front of the camera, I know from experience that stuff can be hard.

And I was totally sitting in bed when you said to stand up. :-o

P.S. I stood up and also did the deep breaths! :D

Also, nice Lion King and Aladdin references. :)
Added at: 00:01
Also I just subscribed to your channel so get to making more! :-P