The crooks are getting desperate

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Matt²

OK, so I walk into work a few minutes ago and see a voicemail light flashing on the phone.. I check it out and it's "Sarah" from some unrecognized company overseas "wondering if you are caught up in our delinquent accounts..please call us back at UK # .." ..at this point I simply erased the message and hung up.

Really? First of, if I HAD any business debt, it would be assigned to an AMERICAN company since that is the country I'm in. The UK has no jurisdiction over me whatsoever. Secondly, even if there was debt to be paid, they would have it in their records, since it would be assigned to them to collect, they wouldn't be GUESSING if I owed them any money (which I don't).

RAAHH..

What other schemes have you run into lately?

Two branches here had their ATMs broken into. Thieves took angle grinders to the hinges on the cash handler and attempted to swipe cash out. Didn't work in either case and created a hell of a mess. Footage shows them walking into the ATM room and spraying shaving foam over the camera - and that's all we see.

It's a decidedly more elegant solution than the last ATM scheme. Someone attached chains to the ATM and attempted to rip it out of its moorings.

A year or two someone took a bulldozer from a construction site and rammed it through a gas station to get at the ATM.

I had someone rifle through my mail, get my cell phone bill and attempt to open a new line on my account, as well as order two new phones. Then the little bastards called me, pretending to be my cable company, collecting on my (admittedly overdue) bill. DAMNED near worked, too, before I had an attack of common sense and realized that cable companies don't call from blocked numbers.

My investigation continues, but I believe I know who it was: the little bitch who used to live across the street from me, whom I popped for shoplifting after she left her purse with all her info at the scene.

This happened before I joined the RCMP, but apparently up here about a decade ago, someone smashed into the bank using a back-hoe and then used it to grab the front cash safe. They loaded it onto a flatdeck and booked out of town only to hit the ditch about 20 klicks down the road. I would have loved to be involved in that "investigation".

Doncha just love it when they gift-wrap themselves for ya? Caught two burglars the other day around the corner from the apartment building they were seen trying to break into. With the boltcutters still on their bike.

Best part? The shed they were trying to enter was the pumphouse for the apartment pool. Nothing of value in there.

Best part? The shed they were trying to enter was the pumphouse for the apartment pool. Nothing of value in there.
I hear pool pumps and pool nets go for mad cash on the black market.

Really one of my favorite crooks stories was a guy that robbed a bank, put the sack of money in his pants only for the gas/ink canister to go off, basically making it look like he was farting out multi-colored streams while he tried to escape.

M

Matt²

Doncha just love it when they gift-wrap themselves for ya? Caught two burglars the other day around the corner from the apartment building they were seen trying to break into. With the boltcutters still on their bike.

ROFLMAO

Status
Not open for further replies.