Export thread

The Last Ring-bearer

Dave

Dave

More than 15 years ago Russian scientist Kirill Yeskov tried to settle certain geographical problems in Tolkien's fantasy world. One thing led to another, and he tackled a bigger project - what if we assumed that it's no less real than our world? His conclusion was that in such a case, the story of the Ring of Power is most likely a much-altered heroic retelling of a major war - but what was that war really about?
http://ymarkov.livejournal.com/270570.html

The crux of the story is, what if the POV from Tolkien's world was reversed? Aragorn and the Elves are the bad guys.

I've heard a lot about this and am going to start reading it soon. Thought you'd all be interested.

Attachments

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Downloaded!
i'll read it when I'm not reading all day for my two reading based jobs, though. But this sounds VERY interesting!

strawman

strawman

Reading a few pages and I'm just not getting into it. Either I'm not in the right mood, or the writer is not a good writer. It reads like better than average fan fiction: the author appears desperately to be trying to write with some of the style and flair of tolkien, which is too bad because they can't get anywhere close to it - they should be creating their own style. Still far from good prose.

I might try again another time, but the first several pages didn't pull me in as much as I need them to.

fade

fade

The prose is very purple. You're right. It definitely has that certain indescribable something that rings of fan fiction.

phil

phil

The prose is very purple. You're right. It definitely has that certain indescribable something that rings of fan fiction.
:csi:

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I nearly downloaded this after reading about it at cracked.com