Export thread

The machines are already learning to communicate

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

Alright, so recently I've been on Craigslist a fair bit. Both posting, and replying.

Whenever I reply to a posting, it's almost always spam.

Whenever I get a response to my own posting, it's almost always spam.

So that made me think--

If a bot makes a posting, and then a bot responds to it, and then the original bot sends another message back...

Aren't they communicating?

If you go into the chatroom, it's nothing but bots talking to other bots, ad nausiem. They go back and forth suggesting things the other bot would like or think they should check out.

And some of the bots are web crawlers-- so they DO check the links out! They go there and store information to share to other bots later!

GUISE.

THE MACHINE ARES FUCKING LEARNING TO COMMUNICATE WITH EACH OTHER WITH NO INPUT FROM US.

We are well

and truly

FUCKED.

Matt²

your signature baby says it all:

Chibibar

it all starts somewhere. It would be truly scary when they "go outside" the parameter.

Calleja

Calleja

Don't worry, the instant things start to get out of control a naked muscular man will appear in a flurry of electrical sparks and save us all.

Null

Null

Don't worry, the instant things start to get out of control a naked muscular man will appear in a flurry of electrical sparks and save us all.
Except if he's here to kill the guy who can save us all.

Calleja

Calleja

No, I mean actually STOP the machines from rising like in the director's cut of T2. :cool:

Null

Null

Sure, but there has to be a T1 before there's a T2.

Calleja

Calleja

Well if you bring LOGIC into an argument it's no fun, is it?

Null

Null

What argument?

Calleja

Calleja

dialog?

Null

Null

conversation

Calleja

Calleja

Well if you bring LOGIC into a conversation it's no fun, is it?

Null

Null

Logic, schmogic, I just think we shouldn't stake the future of humanity on naked Michael Biehn.

Calleja

Calleja

No.. but we CAN count on him being super fertile and impregnating women with a single bang.

Null

Null

Same thing goes for tattoo-covered, toothless drug addicts. The more worthless to society you are, the more fertile you are bound to be. (got that one from a friend who's a social worker)

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

I don't think this is even close to where I thought this thread would go.

Chibibar

I don't think this is even close to where I thought this thread would go.
and you are surprise because??? ;)

Baerdog

Baerdog

Logic, schmogic, I just think we shouldn't stake the future of humanity on naked Michael Biehn.
I, on the other hand, wholeheartedly support staking the future of humanity on Michael Biehn, naked or otherwise. Not only can he defend us from terminators but also from aliens.

Joe Johnson

Wow. Total mindfuck for the day for me.

I didn't realize he was Hicks! Come on. How did I miss that? Am I blind? That MUST be it.

It's all so obvious now. My god, it's full of stars!!!!

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Not only stops Terminators and inspires furture generations of kicking the asses of robots, but is also willing to nuke sites from orbit (it's the only way to be sure)