Export thread

The relationship is over... and thank the gods.

IronBrig4

IronBrig4

You might remember my "manbawww" and "confused" topics. Now I finally have closure.

Just to let everybody know, the whole thing ended today. I'd previously asked a couple mutual friends how she was doing, and that was "keeping tabs" according to her. Apparently she had also started to date another mutual friend (the guy had no idea of what had happened). She threatened to go to the "necessary authorities" if I ever tried to contact her again, which was odd because most of the contact we'd had was saying hello to each other in passing.

This was my first close encounter with a crazy girl. It's not an experience I care to repeat. I'm actually kinda relieved that it ended now because imagine what it would've been like if things had gotten serious. Now I can check "date a psycho" off my list of "Things to do just once before I die."

And I would like to thank everybody for the advice you've given more over the past seven weeks. It was very useful and I realize that you all meant well.

rabbitgod

It's better to get those things out of the way.

Like a Band-Aid.

A crazy bitch Band-Aid.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

I think the relationship was over a while ago and you just now realized it finally today. But don't let me stop you from calling her insane and saying 'bitches, am i rite?'

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

There's only one thing to do now, my friend.

Naked. Opening. Dance NUMBER!

bhamv3

bhamv3

Sorry to hear it didn't work out, but at least there's closure now.

Also, I believe in honesty in a relationship. If a girl (or a guy) is psycho insane, it's better for him or her to say so on the first date. "Hey, I'm totally crazy, just thought you should know."

Kitty Sinatra

Sorry to hear it didn't work out, but at least there's closure now.

Also, I believe in honesty in a relationship. If a girl (or a guy) is psycho insane, it's better for him or her to say so on the first date. "Hey, I'm totally crazy, just thought you should know."
yeah . . . Ironbrig's thinks the relationship has only ended just now, yet everything he wrote about it before made it clear to everyone here that it was over way back when they had their last date. I'm not sure he isn't the crazy one.

Sorry, Brig, but there's been enough hints in your own posts that suggest you've been stalking her.

WolfOfOdin

Dr. Hibbert has just the thing for you

IronBrig4

IronBrig4

There's only one thing to do now, my friend.

Naked. Opening. Dance NUMBER!

Haha thanks, that's exactly what I needed.

And no, there was no stalking involved. I stood by the promise I'd made before winter break and followed it to the letter. It wasn't my fault that our classes, mailboxes, printer, and friends were all in the same building. Nor was it my fault that we always got invited to the same social events.

Btw, since I never gave her the present I now have an "Up" DVD combo pack. Who wants it? :)

Math242

Math242

you guys are a little hard on him. threatening to contact the necessary autorities because he asked mutual friends how she was?.

Come on, now, the girl has psycho written all over her.

Bitch.

even, if he WAS stalking her a little, bros before hoes, yo.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Btw, since I never gave her the present I now have an "Up" DVD combo pack. Who wants it? :)
Region 2 coded?

Dusty668

Just simply make a note on the DVD package saying that it is "Your's!!" and hand it to her.

Yah, I see no downside to this at all.

bhamv3

bhamv3

Shadazz

I for one, just don't give a shit. You were practically stalking her.

Congratulations on that, though!

IronBrig4

IronBrig4

Region 2 coded?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, no.

And by "relationship" in the title, I just mean the personal relationship in general. I knew the romantic relationship had ended long ago and had been trying to make a friendship possible instead. I took the advice of you forumites. But there's fallout when you break the Platinum Rule (if you watch How I Met Your Mother, you'd understand) and I guess it was just too much.

Anyways, I just wanted to inform you all who were following this drama from the start.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

I just want to state for the record that my advice has always been "stay away from her, she wants nothing to do with you." That was, I thought, the majority view.
Only a couple of people advocated trying to pursue a friendship.

If you'd followed my advice, you wouldn't have had to have your ex threaten to call the law on you.

I'd take the DVD, but I'm a little leery about giving out my address. I hope you understand. ;)

Chazwozel

It's not stalking unless the ether/roofies wear off mid-coitus

IronBrig4

IronBrig4

Actually, I had heeded your advice and mostly stayed away from her. About the only contact we had was with groups or when we bumped into each other in passing. Sometimes I'd walk past her office, or she'd walk past the study lounge where I usually read. In those cases I'd just say "hello" to be polite and walk on. I was NEVER overly friendly, nor did I go out of my way to contact her. One of my female friends did volunteer to talk with her and assess the situation for me, but that was her idea and she'd just wanted to help.

Again, the main problem was all our activities were in the same small building and we shared a lot of the same friends. So it would've been impossible to avoid her unless I stopped going to class or turned into a hermit.

Anyways, I think we've covered everything. Mods, you can close this topic now.

Chibibar

Actually, I had heeded your advice and mostly stayed away from her. About the only contact we had was with groups or when we bumped into each other in passing. Sometimes I'd walk past her office, or she'd walk past the study lounge where I usually read. In those cases I'd just say "hello" to be polite and walk on. I was NEVER overly friendly, nor did I go out of my way to contact her. One of my female friends did volunteer to talk with her and assess the situation for me, but that was her idea and she'd just wanted to help.

Again, the main problem was all our activities were in the same small building and we shared a lot of the same friends. So it would've been impossible to avoid her unless I stopped going to class or turned into a hermit.

Anyways, I think we've covered everything. Mods, you can close this topic now.
well.. you should have change schools or move to another state/country ;)
Yea!! that is what you should have done.... uh-huh (/sarcasm)

Cajungal

Cajungal

You got it, IB. Glad you got some closure.