[Rant] Those perfect moments...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight I was at the bar with a buddy for Wednesday wings night. Normally, it's a bunch of us, at least four or five but tonight it was just him and me. Anyways, we sit at a table and start chatting with our usual drinks when two really young, attractive girls (sisters) he knows pull up next to us. They're only going to be around long enough for two of the waitresses to get off work so they can go to another bar.

We all chat a bit as folks do, I tell them what I do, they make me feel old by barely being in their 20's. It's your normal go nowhere chat. The two waitresses finish their shift and come over to us and let them know they're gonna go as soon as they're done the food they just ordered and they join us too. Then suddenly, I turned on the charm that only exists in rare moments for me.

For the next 2.5 hours I have everyone at the table eating out of my hand. It was a very short amount of time before they had cancelled their plans with the guys they were planning to meet. I could never be more charming or appropriately funny if I was trying. It was one of those perfect moments, where I have something funny to add, something clever to say, some subtle flirty to say thing that's perfectly timed. It was pure magic. I was the right amount of buzzed off of my few drinks to have zero reservation, but to still maintain some semblance of control.

I can count on my hands the amount of times I've been perfectly charming and tonight was one of them.

I'm in a good mood and thought I would share.

Sometimes a person can forget if they've been in poor health for a while and have let the inevitable depression set in that they are a pretty rad person. I'm fucking rad when I'm not drowning in negativity.

Frank, be honest. Are you typing this from your bed, with two naked early-twenty-something female friends-of-your-friend asleep next to you?

It's hard to talk to Frank sometimes. He has a hard time hearing people over the sound of how awesome he is.

Rant doesn't have to be negative. They usually are. I just thought it was something rambling enough to be called a rant.

Dave

Staff member
I have that kind of charm all the time. I'm only joking a little. But in recent years even that charm does nothing thanks to gray hair and being happily married.

Don Knotts is always relevant. Always.

And congrats, Frank! I know what you mean about those moments being rare, but they are FANTASTIC when they crop up. I deliver unto you a secondary brofist, from this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.