Dave

Dave

Chad Sexington

Garbledina

:confused:

Fuck me sideways.

... I guess you'd have to.

Chazwozel

If you have an active lifestyle and really just need a place to sleep and wake in the morning that's the perfect place.

Oh and 150k for an apartment in Morningside Heights is a bargain.

Deschain

I hate New York. Too many trees, too much green, and everything is going up or down a hill.

Kitty Sinatra

I've lived in a place about that size, maybe smaller, before. A couple places, actually. And a friend of mine had a place that was definitely smaller that she called home.

I kinda miss living like that.

Armadillo

It's times like this I look at my 2,000-square foot, split-entry house in Minnesota we bought for $189,000 and ask all the New Yorkers, "and WE'RE the rubes?!?"

Krisken

Krisken

I'm amazed with the two cats. The place must smell like a litter box.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

Yeah, yuck.

No thanks! If I lived by myself, it wouldn't be too bad, but 2 people and 2 animals? Living in NY can't be that great.

You can buy at least a 2500 sq ft home around here for that kind of money. Jeez. Whatever, it's their dough.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

It's times like this I look at my 2,000-square foot, split-entry house in Minnesota we bought for $189,000 and ask all the New Yorkers, "and WE'RE the rubes?!?"
To which they say, "Yes, you live in Minnesota!" :D

Seriously, though, I can't imagine why anyone would buy a place in Manhattan.

I can barely understand why my friends in Manhattan rent there. They pay three times the amount for half the space that I have in Jersey, and it takes me less time to get to the lower half of the city than it takes them.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

I actually have seen worse houses in my city.

Chazwozel

To which they say, "Yes, you live in Minnesota!" :D

Seriously, though, I can't imagine why anyone would buy a place in Manhattan.

I can barely understand why my friends in Manhattan rent there. They pay three times the amount for half the space that I have in Jersey, and it takes me less time to get to the lower half of the city than it takes them.[/QUOTE]

Cause Manhattan fucking owns. I'd live in the City in a heartbeat, but my wife likes fucking ass Lancaster, Bumfuck, PA

Espy

Espy

I can barely understand why my friends in Manhattan rent there. They pay three times the amount for half the space that I have in Jersey
Oh come now. You answered your own question. ;)

Null

Null

Bumfuck? Is that near Blue Ball or Intercourse?

Baerdog

Baerdog

It's right across the river from Anal Bum Loving.

Null

Null

No, I'm talking about towns in the Lancaster area that Chaz mentioned. Southeastern PA is like that. Blue Ball, Intercourse, Virginville, all within about 5 miles.

Bowielee

Bowielee

No, I'm talking about towns in the Lancaster area that Chaz mentioned. Southeastern PA is like that. Blue Ball, Intercourse, Virginville, all within about 5 miles.[/QUOTE]

When I worked for a phone company we had a bunch of clients in Blue Ball and Intercourse. Isn't there an big amish community in that area? We had one phone that was literally the only emergency phone in this amish community.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

If you read the article, you'd know they change the literbox daily.

Krisken

Krisken

If you read the article, you'd know they change the literbox daily.[/QUOTE]
I skimmed.

We clean the box all the time too. If they have male cats, they sometimes INTENTIONALLY don't cover their poop and pee to show their dominance. Hard to get away from that in the closet they are living in.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Ah, that's info to me, I've always owned female cats.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

I can barely understand why my friends in Manhattan rent there. They pay three times the amount for half the space that I have in Jersey
Oh come now. You answered your own question. ;)[/QUOTE]

Touche. :p

But even Brooklyn (Park Slope aside) is substantially cheaper than Manhattan, and not necessarily any farther depending on where you're going.

Chazwozel

Oh come now. You answered your own question. ;)[/quote]

Touche. :p

But even Brooklyn (Park Slope aside) is substantially cheaper than Manhattan, and not necessarily any farther depending on where you're going.[/QUOTE]

If I had the money I'd live in Manhattan. There's always something to do down there.

LordRavage

I would love to see their parties. It reminds me of an episode of Flight of the Conchords. :D

strawman

strawman

That's... half the size of my shed...

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

At first glance, I misread that as "That's... half the size of my head..."

strawman

strawman

At first glance, I misread that as "That's... half the size of my head..."[/QUOTE]

Well, it is, but I didn't want to engender any jealousy at my huge noggin. It is truly spectacular.

Chazwozel

With some more shelves and a built loft over the bed, that place really isn't all that bad. They could even stick a stand up closet next to the bed there. It's kind of dumb that they do use a fold out couch though.

The place is really meant for a single 20 something yuppie though.

strawman

strawman

Compared to some of the shoe boxes people buy/rent in very crowded cities in Asia, this place is a palace.

Chazwozel

Compared to some of the shoe boxes people buy/rent in very crowded cities in Asia, this place is a palace.

Yeah, seriously...

Bonhomme Richard

Bonhomme Richard

All I can think of is the Waverly Hills episode of the Simpsons after seeing that apartment.

Covar

Covar

My first thought:

[EDIT]I have no idea where the picture went, I'm attaching it instead

[EDIT 2] SCREW YOU IMAGE SHACK!

Attachments

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I doubt it is truly the smallest apartment. It is likely the smallest for the price, or the cleanest apartment of that size.

Chazwozel

My first thought was of the Elwood's apartment in Blues Brothers.

Shannow

Shannow

My first thought was "I'm hungry."

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

How about the neighboors? that can't be the only apartment in the building with that size...

Chazwozel

How about the neighboors? that can't be the only apartment in the building with that size...

It might be a renovated Janitor's closet :)

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

It might be a renovated Janitor's closet :)[/QUOTE]

It's too small for that.

@Li3n

@Li3n

Man, if only that article mentioned that it used to be part of nine maid's quarters in the prewar building, which where turned into two apartments and this one got left out because nine is an odd number. Probably would have been on the second page.

Shakey

Shakey

When I lived in St Paul I lived in a tiny apartment probably close to that size.

It had a huge closet that fit my full size bed perfectly, but there was not room on the sides and all my clothes were either hanging above me or underneath the bed. Rest of it was one room. The stove was only a half stove and couldn't even fit a large frozen pizza. I think it was some kind of old institution or something. It had a small door in the kitchen area just big enough to fit a plate of food. It was screwed shut from the inside, so you couldn't use it. I didn't care, it was cheap.

Covar

Covar

When I lived in St Paul I lived in a tiny apartment probably close to that size.

It had a huge closet that fit my full size bed perfectly, but there was not room on the sides and all my clothes were either hanging above me or underneath the bed. Rest of it was one room. The stove was only a half stove and couldn't even fit a large frozen pizza. I think it was some kind of old institution or something. It had a small door in the kitchen area just big enough to fit a plate of food. It was screwed shut from the inside, so you couldn't use it. I didn't care, it was cheap.
You want to sleep in the closet? weirdo.

Shakey

Shakey

:p
It was better than having my bed in the way all the time.

Gusto

Gusto

My apartment is 2 cubic meters. We take up 1.5 cubic meters. We got room for 2/3rd of another person in there!

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

Man, if only that article mentioned that it used to be part of nine maid's quarters in the prewar building, which where turned into two apartments and this one got left out because nine is an odd number. Probably would have been on the second page.
I completely missed that bit >.<