Two Clicks to Get Anything

Zappit

Staff member
I've noticed today that, on my iPad, it's taking two clicks to do anything one click would do. It looks as if it's responding and recognizing the first tap, but it won't load the page/message.

I doubt it's the iPad settings, as it's not happening anywhere else. It's just weird.

Dave

Staff member
Anyone else with an iPad able to duplicate? I don't have one because I'm not made of money.

Zappit

Staff member
Steinman's idea was a no go. I can get the post going on one tap, bringing up the keyboard and even relocating the typing spot. It just seems to affect thread pages, alerts, and subforum changes.

Zappit

Staff member
Tried clearing my cookies and data, and switched to Xenminimal. Didn't fix it. I'll try things in Chrome, as I'm in Safari.

Edit. It's happening in all browsers. Safari, Chrome, and Photon.

Edit. It's definitely only here. Smogon is Xenforo now, and no issues there.

Last edited:

Zappit

Staff member
Check to make sure you haven't somehow enabled Voiceover.
It's pretty common to accidentally turn it on by triple-clicking the home button.

--Patrick
Just checked. It's off.

Maybe this is just some fluke, one day thing. Hope it's just that. Should try re-syncing the iPad, see if that does anything.

Last edited:

Zappit

Staff member
See, there is something screwy going on here. It's not just messed up settings on my end.

Dave

Staff member
Let me check. Again. Argh![DOUBLEPOST=1389881910,1389881738][/DOUBLEPOST]Turned off the thread filters addon as it's the last change I made, on the 9th. Let's see first if this is the issue.

Pretty sure this is an iPad and/or Tapatalk thing (I've noticed it happening on the iPad I have at work). The first tap says, "This is the thing I want you to pay attention to," and the second tap says, "…and now I want you to do it." I suppose the rationale is that you don't accidentally trigger something you didn't want.

--Patrick