Ubuntu Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Skinny Santa

So I finally got my netbook and after setting it up installed the Netbook edition of Ubuntu using a flash drive and an IMG file. Everything seemed to be okay and all my programs ran but now whenever I try to dowload anythng it gives me a message about not having harddrive space on disk / . I checked and both my harddrives have plenty of space on them. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any help.

C

Cuyval Dar

hylian said:
Did you make it a partition? If so did you make sure your partition is set for a large enough size?
This. Also, depending on how much ram you have (1GB+) you may find it useful to turn off the swap file, especially if it has a SSD.

S

Skinny Santa

Well it looks like the partition issue is what it is. I can see the other drives but I guess the partition it created for itself only has enough room for the OS. The question now is can I change partition size without un and reinstalling the entire thing?

figmentPez

Staff member
Shakey said:
Boot to the USB disk you made, and it should have a utility to resize partitions on it.
The utility is called gparted and there shouldn't be any need to use the USB disk, it should be part of the Ubuntu install. I'm pretty sure it does non-destructive re-partitioning, so it should be able to set things right.

Status
Not open for further replies.