Uh...Cool? vBulletin v4.0.3 has built in FaceBook linking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Staff member
I was just on vBulletin.org and was poking around when I came upon an interesting little post about how v4.0.3 now has Facebook interactivity. I looked in the Admin Control Panel and sure enough. Huh.

I didn't know whether to mark this as fail or cool. I'll leave it on for a little bit. Please let me know what you think of it after using it a bit. Does it make a difference? Does it break your screen? Would you even have noticed if I hadn't turned it on?

I wonder what else they added that I've missed...

I just noticed it.. what really bothers me, though, is the "unread posts" dialog just below it.... it seems like it's counting ALL the posts I haven't read, instead of just those threads I'm subscribed to. It's jarring to see "You have 108 unread posts" and having nothing new whatsoever in the Settings page where you check subscribed threads. Can we change that?

Dave

Staff member
The unread thing starts from when I installed it. If you mark the board as all read then it'll match with reality.

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

Never mind. Yes, it shows them all.

Who else does this bother? Is it even needed with the "What's New" post button Ame put in?

I actually would really like it if it only counted subscribed threads. That would actually make it a great little way to see if there's new posts at a glance... but, obviously, only when it's in threads I'm actually subscribed too, otherwise it's just a forum-wide post counter.

E

Element 117

Who really cares how many new posts there are in the entire forum?
Me, for one. Wanna make something of it?[/QUOTE]

Yes I do, you nazi loving unpatriotic scumbag.

But seriously. facebook? urgh. I need to go find something to vomit in. No more marketing disguised as farmville game crap, please.

Gotcha, I thought it was that share button I saw didn't know about the login thing. Thanks for clearing that up (I'd never use it anyway, I hate facebook.

S

Soliloquy

Facebook is for finding old friends, and talking to friends. Nothing more.

All other uses constitute blasphemy.

Status
Not open for further replies.