Export thread

User Control Panel?

Calleja

Calleja

So... I've always, always bookmarked my Halforums "entry point" as the UserCP, where I could instantly see the threads with new posts I had posted on and jump forward from there...

What do I bookmark in this new, strange land?

Also, a bit off topic... is this place really dead lately or am I not seeing the new posts?

Calleja

Calleja

That's ALL new threads though... I don't really care at all about the politic threads or whatever. The UserCP showed me threads with new posts I HAD POSTED ON. Or marked or whatever. We don't get that now?

Jay

Jay

Try clicking on your name on the top right and click on YOUR CONTENT.

That help?

Hylian

Hylian

Is this what you are looking for?

https://www.halforums.com/watched/threads

Jay

Jay

Though I cannot find what you ask.
Added at: 23:39
Watched can be an option.

Calleja

Calleja

hmm... I think that would do, if we don't get an actual UserCP... watched threads with unread posts... I guess :/

Dammit, this was in response to Hylian... how do I quote here?! There's no Quote button!! :aaah:

Hylian

Hylian

hmm... I think that would do, if we don't get an actual UserCP... watched threads with unread posts... I guess :/

Dammit, this was in response to Hylian... how do I quote here?! There's no Quote button!! :aaah:

click the reply button

Jay

Jay

Drink some Tequila hombre then press reply.

Calleja

Calleja

click the reply button
...yeah, that should have been a bit obvious. Stupid Mex. Now on to the advanced course... can't we multi-quote now?

strawman

strawman

What you're looking for is termed "alerts" and can be found here:

https://www.halforums.com/account/alerts

Dave

Dave

...yeah, that should have been a bit obvious. Stupid Mex. Now on to the advanced course... can't we multi-quote now?
If you hit reply on multiple threads it quotes each of them.

If you meant nested quotes like we used to have quote trees...it can be done but it's not as easy as I'd like.

strawman

strawman

Xenforo used to include nested quotes natively, but they made a decision to remove that feature. On the one hand, I'm used to them. On the other hand, I can see that having only one quote level is sufficient to remind me what the conversation was about. On the other other hand, I sometimes do multi-quotes so people don't re-hash old arguments in the argumentative threads.

So, meh. I'd like to see if we can live without them and get used to it for a month or three, then find out why people still miss them - I suspect a lot of it is, "We need it because we've always had it" and not because there's a pressing need for them in our normal conversations.

For the odd situation where they are indispensable, people can create them by hand, and it's easy to do so - simply hit "reply" on all the posts you want to include, then do a little copy and pasting inside the editor to nest them. It's not hard to do - and if this situation keeps coming up for lots of people, then we can probably drop an add-in that'll make it automatic.

But let's give it some time and see what happens.