Export thread

UVB-76?

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

So I was on cracked today and read an article and all I can say is wtf is this!?! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UVB-76

Shakey

Shakey

The first recorded troll?

Roxxoredizorz

It's a numbers station (in a way). A numbers station broadcasts a set of numbers on short wave radio, but this one is odd because it has only transmitted 3 recorded hearings of numbers. Some say it is for the General of the Russia army, it might be part of the Dead Hand system, etc., etc., etc.

I hate looking at these types of pages because I always go from them to Nuclear weapons, and Chernobyl. I some day hope to visit Pripyat, and the Zone of Alienation. With my trusty Geiger Counter of course.

TwoBit

4 8 15 16 23 42.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

There are three flowers in a vase. The third flower is green.

Dusty668

Allen, the chair is by the door.

Number 4, Number 7, Number 2 ,Number 9, Number 1.

Calleja

Calleja

number 9 Number 9 Number 9 Number 9 Number 9

Kitty Sinatra

Oh oh oh! Are we counting again?

No? Well fuck you all. I'm leaving.

Calleja

Calleja

That thing is what tells me when to kill cats and when not to.

Kitty Sinatra

Zen and Satori best beware.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Yeah, it's a numbers station. They are widely believed to be tied to Spy networks, due to the frequency of said broadcasts and how you can seem to find them located in just about every country in the world. However, this one IS very odd due to how infrequently it broadcasts. Whatever it's true purpose, it's probably not too important or it's purpose would have been moved to a more secure method of communication... but then again, without the cipher, any message you overhear is going to be useless anyway.

Dusty668

And sometimes the message itself is the medium. One if by land. Two if by sea. None if they ain't here yet.

Covar

Covar

There are five lights.

Dusty668

There are five lights.
Plan B.

RUN LIKE A TERRIFIED BUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Calleja

Calleja

I had to watch American Idol... UVB-76 told me to.

I don't always understand the reason for orders, but I always follow them.