wana10 colors other people's line art!

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wana10

so i found a fun looking batman/superman pic online by Mark Morales(here) and decided it needed some colors...so i cleaned up the lineart and went to work!
some irc people gave me some critique and now i post it here for more. anything you think, be it positive or negative, would be great to hear, or read as the case may be.

The symbol on supes looks a little off maybe? The yellows seem to be the same brightness even in the shadow of his fist, while the red becomes black

I really like it all around.

fade

Staff member
It's a good start. If you want it to "pop" and look modern, you're going to have to render the characters, too, and not just the dust. If you're looking to learn, the most prevalent modern coloring style is called "cut and grad", which is exactly what it sounds like. Use the selection tool to draw a shadow, and then fill it with the grad tool set to multiply mode in a complementary color, etc, etc. But if you're going for a solid Silver Age look, this works.

A

Aisaku

Noticed this: The boot's contour seems to go higher, almost up to superman's knee. The implied wall with the cables running out of it and into batman's suit may indicate they're duking it out in the batcave or something like that so maybe a darker ambience would be better. Also I kinda wondered why did you pick such a light hue for batman

Status
Not open for further replies.