Export thread

Wanderlust

David

David

My car was just tuned up and is running like new. I have two and a half weeks left before my break ends and I have to be in class. I have a couple hundred dollars I can afford to lose. I don't have have any specific responsibilities or commitments at the moment demanding I stay right where I'm at.

I want to go somewhere. I don't know where. Either alone with just my camera/sketchpad/laptop or grabbing a friend to take along with me is fine.

Suggestions? (must be within western half of the continental United States, any further would cost too much in gas money)

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

Vegas

David

David

I'm more interested in something more "scenic," or some kind of new experience. Maybe some hiking trail or something. I've been to Vegas already. I don't just want "4 hour drive to Vegas, spend all money gambling, 4 hour drive back"

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

You never said how fast you wanted to lose your money >.>

Big Sur

Shakey

Shakey

I've heard Glen Canyon is a neat place. Should be some good hiking trails there.

Biannoshufu

New Mexico/ Arizona Colorado rockies. Gorgeous drive

phil

phil

Go camping for a few days if it's warm enough. Otherwise tell your friends that they may go to hell, but you shall go to Texas (where you will drink with your buddy phil)

Dirona

Dirona

If you don't mind rain - the pacifc northwest. Portland, or Oregron as a whole, and the coast of Washington definitely qualify as scenic.

strawman

strawman

If you have never been to yellowstone, it is worth visiting for several days.

Also consider Mt St Helens and the lava tubes there, Utah has some spectacular parks (arches, red rock, etc) http://www.utah.com/nationalparks/ , There's always the redwood forests in northern CA, which are just amazing to get close to.

If you like people watching, any major city is good if it has a market square type place. SF has Pike Place Fish Market, for instance.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I'm more interested in something more "scenic," or some kind of new experience. Maybe some hiking trail or something. I've been to Vegas already. I don't just want "4 hour drive to Vegas, spend all money gambling, 4 hour drive back"
You like hiking and yet "gambling" is your entire impression of Vegas? There are some amazing places right outside of Vegas to hike and climb. We had a burro try to follow us back from Red Rock Canyon when we were there.

Adam

Adammon

Yellowstone in winter is a thing to behold. (Don't camp though, it's very cold. And I'm Canadian, I know cold.)