HCGLNS

HCGLNS

To peer review a paper.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Is this serious?

strawman

strawman

Well, I've got a 7 year old who's mildly interested in bugs, buts he's only 7 until the end of the month, so you'd better hurry.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

You want a kid that likes bugs?

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Moderately serious. Going over the scientific process with my 7yr old and the last step is communicate your findings/peer review.

blotsfan

blotsfan

My brother is working on his masters thesis for entomology. I could ask him if you want. He defends his thesis soon though so it wouldn't be for a week or two.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

That would be sweet! She would get a real kick out of that!

Dei

Dei

I have a 7 year old daughter who's scared of bugs. >.>

Cajungal

Cajungal

I'm seeing my niece Saturday afternoon. She's 7 and loves science.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Ugh I'm really sorry HCGLNS. I just found out today that he's so swamped with work that he even had to push back his defense. It'd probably be sometime in August. I know that gives him a long time but he's been going crazy over this.

MindDetective

MindDetective

Ugh I'm really sorry HCGLNS...he's so swamped with work... It'd probably be sometime in August. I know that gives him a long time but he's been going crazy over this.

Sounds like the peer review process to me!

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Thank you for trying! If he has a moment I have attached a typed up version of her experiment.

(Obviously I have cleaned up the writing, but the original intent remains my daughters)

Attachments

Bowielee

Bowielee

Awwwww... that is adorable. Also, kind of sad, seeing as I've seen college papers with less effort put into them.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

There were two hard parts; me using MSWord and convincing her that it's ant not Aunt.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

Still looking for someone for this? I have a friend whose masters is in entomology. She'd be tickled to read this, I'm sure and could offer whatever kind of feedback you're looking for. Just simple questions/criticisms?

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Sure! That would be great! We're already working on how to improve it a little bit.