Export thread

Watch Out UFC, Because It's Morphin Time!

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Mighty Morphin Power Ranger morphs into an MMA fighter

This is both awesome and kinda :facepalm: at the same time. But if he can pull it off, then more power to him!

Cajungal

Cajungal

Is he gonna call on that big green dinosaur with a little knife flute?

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

He IS a sixth degree black belt, so it's not like he doesn't know how to fight. Still wouldn't be interested enough to watch it though.

phil

phil

All he has to do is hit the Z on his opponents and they'll go down easy.

Cat

Cat

They should allow him to wear a costume.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

WoW, those tattoos make him look like a criminal o.o

They should allow him to wear a costume.
Or maybe... they shoudn't

>.>
<.<

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

I met the original Black Ranger a few months ago! Wee!

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Um, Yeah, a 35 year old is really going to light up the MMA world.

I wonder what it would cost me to take out a life insurance policy on him.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Um, Yeah, a 35 year old is really going to light up the MMA world.

I wonder what it would cost me to take out a life insurance policy on him.
Not that I'm comparing them but

first fight was when he was 33. So, age isn't everything.

Seraphyn

Seraphyn

I find it more shocking that this guy is actually good at karate, since in those shows they all sucked at fighting with any form of style..

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I find it more shocking that this guy is actually good at karate, since in those shows they all sucked at fighting with any form of style..
Frank has actually been a blackbelt since he was 12, so it was more a matter of the fight choreography sucking than the ability of the actors. Then again, this was back when nobody thought Power Rangers would last near 20 years (And the only reason Disney is abandoning it now is because they don't have the rights to the seasons prior to their involvement anymore. Thats why you don't see season sets of the show out on DVD right now.)

Andi

Drachenherz

Let this picture help us remember him...

How he looked like with teeth in his mouth.
http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_mma_experts__11/ept_sports_mma_experts-378839837-1251905292.jpg?ymMMC1BDQG5C.IU8

Cajungal

Cajungal

And ears that don't look like they've been run through a blender.

Andi

Drachenherz

And ears that don't look like they've been run through a blender.
And a nose that doesn't look like this:

Cajungal

Cajungal

Awww..... I mean, ehhhhhh (on a human, at least)

Man I love those fights. I especially love when one of them just kind of sits on the other guy and doesn't move. :rofl: It's so sad. He keeps trying to move, but there's this guy almost mounting him.

Andi

Drachenherz

Man I love those fights. I especially love when one of them just kind of sits on the other guy and doesn't move. :rofl: It's so sad. He keeps trying to move, but there's this guy almost mounting him.
You mean, like this?

Cajungal

Cajungal

You mean, like this?
[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Kinda... more that hugging thing they do. I know it's a hold, but it looks like hugging. ^_^

Frank

Frankie Williamson

The standing clinch?

CLINCH TOSS!

Adam

Adammon

I wouldn't mess with him...

That said, the tattoos look fucking stupid. He's got a baby on his chest, A BABY. (Is it smoking???)

Hylian

Hylian

I am not sure how to feel about this

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Is his base karate?

If so then that's shitty news for him, there's like 3 people in MMA that have managed to make karate work for them at all in unified rules and inside of a UFC cage.

Cajungal

Cajungal

The standing clinch?

CLINCH TOSS!

Man y'all actually KNOW stuff about the sport... I just think it's fun.

Yeah, kinda that too. You know when they throw their legs around the other dude's waist?

Andi

Drachenherz

Cajun: Do you mean this?

And please, don't tell me that's NSFW... It's fucking Ken and Barbie... :hump:

Cajungal

Cajungal

:rofl: close enough. Usually they've retained their shorts. Usually.

Math242

Math242

Is his base karate?

If so then that's shitty news for him, there's like 3 people in MMA that have managed to make karate work for them at all in unified rules and inside of a UFC cage.
exactly unless he's trained a whole lot (as in several years) in jiu-jistu, clinch and ground defense, he will have his ass handed to him.

Even with a 6th belt and 20 years of xp, karate is just like tae-kwon-do. It's pretty but it wont get you very far when an experienced thai-boxer with a black belt in jiu-jitsu has decided he wants to redo your face with his knees.

Andi

Drachenherz

:rofl: close enough. Usually they've retained their shorts. Usually.
Now, that would be an unusual sight... *rofl*

Cajungal

Cajungal

Yep.

"Grrr, fighting, grrr... Oh God, I think I love you..."

Frank

Frankie Williamson

It's a closed guard. It looks gay if want to put it that way but it allows the guy on the bottom to control the hips of his opponent and helps him avoid uncontrolled punches and elbows to the face as well as makes it much, much more difficult for his opponent to slap on most submission maneuvers.

Math242

Math242

GAAAAAAAAAAY

Andi

Drachenherz

Yep.

:rofl:

---------- Post added at 05:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

Now if anybody could post a video about two guys fighting, going to the ground, wrestling and then start kissing each other... I think I'd die of spontaneous combustion...

Cajungal

Cajungal

What a sweet story to tell the grandchildren.

"There we were on the mat. There was this beautiful, fuzzy halo of light around him... of course, it might have been the brain damage."

Frank

Frankie Williamson

1:40 into this video. Closed guard into brutal murder.

Fedor's a scary man.

Andi

Drachenherz

What a sweet story to tell the grandchildren.

"There we were on the mat. There was this beautiful, fuzzy halo of light around him... of course, it might have been the brain damage."
"So this is where daddy-mommy got his flat nose?"

Andi

Drachenherz

On a sidenote:

Funny thing is, when I first read the thread title, I misread it as "watch out, UFC, because it's morphine time!"

I guess that would fit now, wouldn't it? :aaahhh:

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Yeah, kinda that too. You know when they throw their legs around the other dude's waist?
You mean how so many matches come down to, 3 punches, 2 kicks, then 4 minutes of awkward spooning?

Adam

Adammon

You mean how so many matches come down to, 3 punches, 2 kicks, then 4 minutes of awkward spooning?[/QUOTE]

Matches? Sounds like regular sex to me.

Simfers

Simfers

Is his base karate?

I think it is, yeah. This was apparently actually supposed to happen in 2006-2007 but didn't materialize for whatever reason.

Three? Lyoto Machida (Shotokan), Georges St-Pierre (Kyokushin, although he doesn't use it much), and who else? I'm drawing a blank...

No matter his base art, I hope for his sake he cross-trains heavily. The days when you could come in with a single style and win are pretty much over. Unless you're a wrestler, then kinda have a shot. 35 IS pretty old to start out, though, Randy Couture notwithstanding.

Calleja

Calleja

THe dude doesn't LOOK like all he's been doing is Karate.

Also, most of the original power rangers were martial artists.. I saw the original blue ranger (Billy!) do a back flip once, just cause someone dared him. No warm up, in street clothes.. just suddenly jumped backwards, flipped over and landed.

Then he got wasted on stolen beer, but that's another story.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Is his base karate?

I think it is, yeah. This was apparently actually supposed to happen in 2006-2007 but didn't materialize for whatever reason.

Three? Lyoto Machida (Shotokan), Georges St-Pierre (Kyokushin, although he doesn't use it much), and who else? I'm drawing a blank...

No matter his base art, I hope for his sake he cross-trains heavily. The days when you could come in with a single style and win are pretty much over. Unless you're a wrestler, then kinda have a shot. 35 IS pretty old to start out, though, Randy Couture notwithstanding.[/QUOTE]

Didn't Chuck Liddel start with karate too? I could be mistaken there. I know he had wrestling as well for his take-down defense but I'm pretty sure his standup came from karate.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

It's actually even worse... Frank uses his own invented style... which is probably just moves stolen from other, more successful styles.

Skinny Santa

Yep.

:rofl:

---------- Post added at 05:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

Now if anybody could post a video about two guys fighting, going to the ground, wrestling and then start kissing each other... I think I'd die of spontaneous combustion...[/QUOTE]

My friend wrote a sketch once that went kind of like that, except they were fighting over the remote instead of it being MMA. It was pretty hilarious in the show we did.

Adam

Adammon

It's actually even worse... Frank uses his own invented style... which is probably just moves stolen from other, more successful styles.
You mean like every other martial art since the beginning of man?

Calleja

Calleja

You mean like every other martial art since the beginning of man?
then who invented all the moves, ever? :Leyla:

Andi

Drachenherz

Calleja, this would lead to an interesting question: What was in the beginning?

But pondering on this question will lead to another flamewar eventually, so I better not discuss it further...

bhamv3

bhamv3

Chinese Kung Fu allegedly came from copying animal movements.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

But the animals copied them from the martian fighters.

bhamv3

bhamv3

But the animals copied them from the martian fighters.[/QUOTE]

And the martians copied them from the... Protheans?

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

But the animals copied them from the martian fighters.[/QUOTE]

And the martians copied them from the... Protheans?[/QUOTE]

No, they copied them from modern day martial artists, who ended up on Mars after a time travel accident. It's a self contained Paradox.

coolbeans

I tried Brazillian Ju jitsu to try and improve my ground work, short story is, I sucked at it, however the following is probably true

Attachments

Simfers

Simfers

Is his base karate?

No matter his base art, I hope for his sake he cross-trains heavily. The days when you could come in with a single style and win are pretty much over. Unless you're a wrestler, then kinda have a shot. 35 IS pretty old to start out, though, Randy Couture notwithstanding.[/QUOTE]

Didn't Chuck Liddel start with karate too? I could be mistaken there. I know he had wrestling as well for his take-down defense but I'm pretty sure his standup came from karate.[/QUOTE]

You are absolutely right, he's trained in Kenpo karate. That little detail had escaped me.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

I tried Brazillian Ju jitsu to try and improve my ground work, short story is, I sucked at it, however the following is probably true
If I hadn't learned a good amount of Jiu Jitsu I don't even know if I'd still be alive. Jiu Jitsu has saved my life on more than one occasion.

Skinny Santa

Does this have anything to do with your title? Knife-Jitsu story methinks?

Oddbot

Yep.

Have you seen Bruno btw? ;)