Export thread

Website Help - Updates/Blog

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

Hi all.

I run a website for an anime convention, but as I've told many people many times, I don't do web design and don't know anything about it. Unfortunately, I'm apparently still better than anyone else in our group.

I want to put website updates on the front page, where I update one source that then updates on the main page. I'd want it to have a header and some of the text, with a "See More" button or whatever to load or extend the rest of the post. I imagine 3-5 posts shown on the front page is a enough, with a "see older posts" kind of thing would work.

I'm having a hard time finding a good way to do this, when I'm sure anybody who knows what they're doing could do this no problem.

I'd also like people to be able to comment, but not have to sign up or log in to anything, but be able to leave a name.

Also, if there's any way to make the post automatically make a Facebook and Twitter post saying that there is a new update on the website with a link to check it out or something, that'd be good.

I also don't fully know how an RSS feed works, but if somebody could sign up for an RSS feed of the updates, that'd be cool too.

Is there any simple way to do this?