Export thread

What about your city/town sucks?

Chazwozel

Philly bagels are awful. The Flyers are for dipshits. The Eagles suck. North Philly is a ghetto. South Philly is a ghetto. West Philly is a ghetto. To the east we have Camden, NJ.

The bums are ungrateful. I bought one a hot dog the other day, give it to him, instead of thanks I get, "is this all you can afford?" Fucking A.

Kitty Sinatra

It ain't Montreal.

Chazwozel

It ain't Montreal.
I guess I could say the same. "It ain't NYC or Pittsburgh."

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

City/Town?

Not a whole lot, it's a bit backwoods and the cops are like spiders in a bush ready to pounce you for going 2mph over the speed limit but it's not bad. My state however? Two words: Dallas Cowboys.

Dave

Dave

Nothing to do late at night.

Chazwozel

City/Town?

Not a whole lot, it's a bit backwoods and the cops are like spiders in a bush ready to pounce you for going 2mph over the speed limit but it's not bad. My state however? Two words: Dallas Cowboys.
I think there should be a national cagematch set up for all the retarded Cowboy's fans to fight all the retarded Eagles' fans. Fight to the death and then we shoot the last standing idiot. Everybody wins. The rivalry gets settled.

---------- Post added at 09:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 AM ----------

You can always take up your state past time of corn husking.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

It's roads and general city lay out have not been updated for the automobile. The city council debates the merits of chickens and cats instead of improving the city itself.

Dave

Dave

City/Town?

I think there should be a national cagematch set up for all the retarded Cowboy's fans to fight all the retarded Eagles' fans. Fight to the death and then we shoot the last standing idiot. Everybody wins. The rivalry gets settled.

---------- Post added at 09:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 AM ----------

You can always take up your state past time of corn husking.[/QUOTE]

Fuck you both. GO COWBOYS!!!

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Yeah, I rest my case.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

There will be many Cowboys fans standing at the end of that fight. So Preach On Dave...

I love my state and town. There is some of the backwardness/close-mindedness that I'd like to see changed.

Cajungal

Cajungal

To quote my brother: It's a purple and gold stain between New Orleans and Lafayette.

Seriously, I get tired of seeing purple and gold everything and seeing "Tiger" attached to every damn thing. And it's hard to find a good jazz show.

MindDetective

MindDetective

The cold. I am always cold. Plus, there isn't a whole lot to do here if you're not into winter sports.

ScytheRexx

ScytheRexx

No one knows how to drive in Austin.

fade

fade

Woo boy. A lot. (Sorry CajunGal)

1. NOTHING to do. I couldn't figure out what all these people in this reasonably large town did for fun at first. Then I realized they all hang out with family. Family this, family that. If you're not from here, there's nothing to do. There are like 5 last names in this town, and they're like exclusive little clubs. Sure, there's Mardi Gras and the Cajun culture stuff, but you burn through that fairly quickly. I had a friend here from Scotland who eventually quit his job and moved back. He described Lafayette as "one giant suburb". An excellent description, leading to...

2. NO NATURE. I'm an outdoorsy kind of guy. Due to the small amount of livable land in south louisiana, you can get pretty far out of town, and the houses are still close together. They have these weird narrow lots that have some decent amount of land to them, but because there's one major road through an area, they're long and thin lots. YOu could own 2 acres, but still be butted up on both sides, with a really long backyard.

3. OCEAN TEASE. The ocean is technically only about 22 miles away. I know this because I've measured it on a map. You can't drive there though, because it's all delta mud (see number 2). No, to get to the ocean, you have to drive at least an hour away. To get to a decent beach, expect to drive 3-4 hours.

4. NO PRIDE IN WORK. This is actually an epidemic in this country as a whole. But this city must be patient zero. They have it bad. At first, I thought I was just getting bad people, but it's gone beyond coincidence. Store clerks, waiters, nurses...they all can't be bothered to do their jobs. If you push them, you get an audible sigh, and then they move like they're encased in cold maple syrup.

5. CRAPPY CITY PLANNING (NO ZONING, NO ROADWORK). I have never seen a place so poorly zoned. There are HOUSES in the middle of Girard Park--a big park near this campus. At first I thought they were maintenance buildings, but no--they're houses. There are houses intermingled on the main business corridor. The roads, even the ones in the fancy neighborhoods, haven't been paved in years. When we asked visiting congressmen about it, they gave some well-rehearsed speech about the geology of the are to me--a geology professor. While partly true, it's also clear the roads haven't been resurfaced in many areas since they were built. Oh and about the fancy neighborhoods:

6. UNCOMFORTABLE DICHOTOMY OF WEALTH. Despite all of this, there are a LOT of rich people living here. There are neighborhoods full of mansions. Why? This is the heart of gulf oil country. Unfortunately, there are also a lot of poor people living here. But thanks to the top heaviness, everything costs a lot here. Real estate is almost as much as it was in Boston. But then I get paid according to state rates, which are averaged over the whole state.

Anyway, that's a short list of what I don't like about this town.

ElJuski

ElJuski

Charleston is a corn field crater filled with meth-addled rednecks, up-their-ass college kids and the closest White Castle is 45 minutes away.

Dave

Dave

Charleston is a corn field crater filled with meth-addled rednecks, up-their-ass college kids and the closest White Castle is 45 minutes away.
And before you can get there Neil Patrick Harris steals your fucking car!

Kitty Sinatra

What about your city/town sucks?
The pretty ladies hanging 'round on the corner.

ElJuski

ElJuski

And before you can get there Neil Patrick Harris steals your fucking car![/QUOTE]

/golf clap

well done, David. Well done.

@Li3n

@Li3n

It's inhabited...

Chazwozel

Woo boy. A lot. (Sorry CajunGal)

1. NOTHING to do. I couldn't figure out what all these people in this reasonably large town did for fun at first. Then I realized they all hang out with family. Family this, family that. If you're not from here, there's nothing to do. There are like 5 last names in this town, and they're like exclusive little clubs. Sure, there's Mardi Gras and the Cajun culture stuff, but you burn through that fairly quickly. I had a friend here from Scotland who eventually quit his job and moved back. He described Lafayette as "one giant suburb". An excellent description, leading to...

2. NO NATURE. I'm an outdoorsy kind of guy. Due to the small amount of livable land in south louisiana, you can get pretty far out of town, and the houses are still close together. They have these weird narrow lots that have some decent amount of land to them, but because there's one major road through an area, they're long and thin lots. YOu could own 2 acres, but still be butted up on both sides, with a really long backyard.

3. OCEAN TEASE. The ocean is technically only about 22 miles away. I know this because I've measured it on a map. You can't drive there though, because it's all delta mud (see number 2). No, to get to the ocean, you have to drive at least an hour away. To get to a decent beach, expect to drive 3-4 hours.

4. NO PRIDE IN WORK. This is actually an epidemic in this country as a whole. But this city must be patient zero. They have it bad. At first, I thought I was just getting bad people, but it's gone beyond coincidence. Store clerks, waiters, nurses...they all can't be bothered to do their jobs. If you push them, you get an audible sigh, and then they move like they're encased in cold maple syrup.

5. CRAPPY CITY PLANNING (NO ZONING, NO ROADWORK). I have never seen a place so poorly zoned. There are HOUSES in the middle of Girard Park--a big park near this campus. At first I thought they were maintenance buildings, but no--they're houses. There are houses intermingled on the main business corridor. The roads, even the ones in the fancy neighborhoods, haven't been paved in years. When we asked visiting congressmen about it, they gave some well-rehearsed speech about the geology of the are to me--a geology professor. While partly true, it's also clear the roads haven't been resurfaced in many areas since they were built. Oh and about the fancy neighborhoods:

6. UNCOMFORTABLE DICHOTOMY OF WEALTH. Despite all of this, there are a LOT of rich people living here. There are neighborhoods full of mansions. Why? This is the heart of gulf oil country. Unfortunately, there are also a lot of poor people living here. But thanks to the top heaviness, everything costs a lot here. Real estate is almost as much as it was in Boston. But then I get paid according to state rates, which are averaged over the whole state.

Anyway, that's a short list of what I don't like about this town.
Welcome to Philadelphia! Where you get a dirty look at McDonalds because you walked in the door to order food.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Stupid-ass city politicians. This city's supposed to be the Culture Capital of 2011, and how does it show?
- The city shuts down branch libraries.
- A lot of the cultural festivities are outsourced.
- They consider it good policy to level beautiful olf buildings to make way for a new mall.

Oh, and there's a bridge sinking. Was a major thoroughfare just a week ago... So far it's sunk about two and a half feet, and it keeps going at the speed of an inch a day. God-fucking-damn you lazy seventies architects... It got a little absurd yesterday when there were rumours that a movie production company wanted to buy the bridge to blow it up in the filming of a new Finnish thriller, but apparently that was a false piece of news.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

the major roadways are a terrible joke anytime around rush hour.

Deschain

Too hot.

Philosopher B.

There's nowhere to go/nothing to do. There used to be a theatre near here (a very scary, sticky theatre) but that's long since gone.

Jake

Jake

I um... like it here. Nothing sucks all that much till you get to the suburbs ruled by Palin-ites. :noidea:

EDIT: Not being able to buy beer and wine in the same store kind of sucks.

Wasabi Poptart

1. Too close to Tijuana. The smog comes up north into my town every morning. When I clean the window screens I have to throw away the rags I've used because they are stained black from the pollution mixed with dust.The sewage from "TJ" washes into the ocean not far from where we live and has caused the beach to be closed many times.There are always Border Patrol helicopters flying around. There are signs warning to watch for people running across the highways. It's a little scary sometimes.

2. Drugs and violence. It's not all about the people coming over the border either. There are a few Asian gangs and white supremacist groups in the area in addition to the Latino gangs. There have been kidnappings and people held for ransom. Two years ago, there was a teenager on a bicycle who was sexually assaulting women in an area about 3 miles from my house. There is a park on my block where I used to take my son every night to play after dinner. We don't go anymore because of the people doing drugs and selling drugs out in the open. The cops don't do anything to them except tell them they have to leave. Once the patrol car turns the corner, the dealers and users come right back. I had a guy break into my yard one morning ( I say he broke into the yard because we have a gated fence, it's not an open backyard). Oh and there are random shootings, too.

3. Homeless people. I have never in my life seen so many homeless people since I was in NYC. They sleep in tents behind businesses, underneath the underpasses/overpasses of the highways, in the parks, and in parking lots. They stand out in front of the entrance to shopping centers with their cardboard signs that have things written on them about being vets or little quips like "I may be ugly, but that doesn't mean I'm not hungry". Quite a few are mentally ill or addicts. A few I have genuinely felt bad for. It really is a problem in the area though because some of the ones who have camped out in brushy areas have started wildfires and some that live in the storm drains have clogged up the pipes with their belongings and garbage.

fade

fade

I um... like it here. Nothing sucks all that much till you get to the suburbs ruled by Palin-ites. :noidea:

Well the alcohol flows freely in Louisiana. You can buy just about anything in a grocery store. You can even buy daiquiris drive-thru (straw and all). After all, DUI (or DWI for you texans and new yorkers) is the state sport.

General Specific

General Specific

There is a serious lack of things to do.
With Charlotte & Atlanta being so close, concerts rarely stop here.
Separation of church and state does not exist.
Rednecks as far as the eye can see.
Republi-tards that will constantly re-elect the same people despite embarassing themselves and the state. For example: Andre Bauer (see bottom & comments about the poor), Joe Wilson (he was the one that shouted out "You Lie!" at the President in the middle of the State of the Union address)

Fun Size

Fun Size

I just want to thank you all for making me feel better about where I live. Being in Michigan, that's really saying something.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I love my home town and New Orleans, but I do not like Baton Rouge at all.

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

Shego refuses to drive the 6 hours and come visit me so we can go shoot "things"

makare

Hmmm I really love my town. I guess that lack of variety in groceries is annoying especially fresh produce. Sometimes the river floods but I live on a hill so it doesn't matter to me. Oh I know, I wish there were more theater and plays.

Null

Null

One of the most unsafe foundries on the entire east coast is about 4 blocks from here. Gangs - a garage just up the street got spraypainted "Eastside Bangers" this year. The neighbors suck. If you don't binge drink, get high, and have 6 kids before you're 30, you don't fit in. Oh, and if you don't fucking spray your shorts while watching high school football and wrestling (GAY) you might as well be an alien. Then there's officer tape-measure. "You're supposed to have a 24" cleared walkway within 24 hours of a snowfall." "Yeah, I shoveled, see the path?" "It's only 22 inches wide." Fucking $75 ticket.

Jay

Jay

The Metropolitain. Heck, all the damn highways. It's pathetic.

Other than that, my city fucken rocks... :D

ElJuski

ElJuski

I just want to thank you all for making me feel better about where I live. Being in Michigan, that's really saying something.
oh dear god

Fun Size

Fun Size

What?

Frank

Frankie Williamson

- It smells, all the time.

- It smells all the time because it is a swamp.

- Everything is always muddy, because it is a swamp.

- It's +40 in the summer, also known as mosquito, and it's -40 in the winter.

- It has almost no services.

- It's expensive as fuck to live here (THANKS OIL INDUSTRY!)

- The town is almost entirely made up of rig pigs or mill workers.

- Did I mention the smell?

- The town has one large playground/park area for children. Children do not play here because our resident vagrant population (people who come in from dry reserves to drink) all hang out here. It's infuriating. The most disgusting was getting calls that there were some fucking in the slide on the hill in the park. The slide was removed shortly after.

- The town has a massive vagrant population (not homeless, they all have fucking homes) from the local reserves since this town is the only place in 100 Kms that sells alcohol.

- The town has a population of 3000. There are 8 liquor stores. There are 18 RCMP members stationed here. The national average is 1 RCMP member per 800 population. We have 1 per 166 people and we here still have more files on average than your average RCMP member. I had 300 files last year. The average nationally is 200. This town fucking sucks ass. It's one of the worst places in the "civilized" world.

Philosopher B.

Oh yeah. Speaking of smells, it stinks like a giant asshole hereabouts in the summer. Farmer-types spreading shit on the fields and whatnot. It's especially bad on our street because of the fields behind the house. And of course there's always the cows nearby.

Fun Size

Fun Size

Oh yeah. Speaking of smells, it stinks like a giant asshole hereabouts in the summer. Farmer-types spreading shit on the fields and whatnot. It's especially bad on our street because of the fields behind the house. And of course there's always the cows nearby.
My mom used to say she loved the smell of cows. I always told her I was uncomfortable with the way she would smell the dairy air.

I don't think she ever got it.

Philosopher B.

Lol!

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I stayed a while in Stinkadena (Pasadena) TX. Lumber Mill, Tire Plant, and half of the refineries in America... Wow that place stunk.

Docseverin

Docseverin

In the summer, it smells like beautiful flowers! The beach is only 45 minutes away in any direction...!! I...I don't hate Hawaii..

LordRendar

LordRendar

I love Hamburg.It's the perfect city.

Occasional Poster

I love where I live. It's a great city, especially compared to the small and dying town I grew up in.

The major flaw is the location, roughly 400km south of the polar circle (I'm north of North Ranger lol). While the weather is mild because we're close to the coast, the winters are stupidly long here.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

I love where I live. It's a great city, especially compared to the small and dying town I grew up in.

The major flaw is the location, roughly 400km south of the polar circle (I'm north of North Ranger lol). While the weather is mild because we're close to the coast, the winters are stupidly long here.
I live just shy of the NWT border. Whereabouts are you?

Occasional Poster

I live just shy of the NWT border. Whereabouts are you?[/QUOTE]

In the north of Sweden.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Oh shit, you are more northerly than I am by quite a ways, I'm just shy of the 60th parallel.

Rob King

Rob King

It's roads and general city lay out have not been updated for the automobile.
I actually love this about my city. Downtown is a pain in the ass to drive through, but it has that "unplanned" character to it.

Jake

Jake

Well the alcohol flows freely in Louisiana. You can buy just about anything in a grocery store. You can even buy daiquiris drive-thru (straw and all). After all, DUI (or DWI for you texans and new yorkers) is the state sport.[/QUOTE]
You can buy beer pretty much anywhere anytime here (except very early on Sundays or something), but anything over 6% alcohol has to get sold in liquor stores, which aren't open on Sunday. What's funny is that liquor stores can't sell anything that's under 6% alcohol, which includes mixers, food, gum, etc.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Well the alcohol flows freely in Louisiana. You can buy just about anything in a grocery store. You can even buy daiquiris drive-thru (straw and all). After all, DUI (or DWI for you texans and new yorkers) is the state sport.[/QUOTE]
You can buy beer pretty much anywhere anytime here (except very early on Sundays or something), but anything over 6% alcohol has to get sold in liquor stores, which aren't open on Sunday. What's funny is that liquor stores can't sell anything that's under 6% alcohol, which includes mixers, food, gum, etc.[/QUOTE]

What? So a liquor store can't sell beer? That's....fucking weird to me. Though, I guess the Canadian method of nothing alcoholic can be sold anywhere but a liquor store is probably just as fucked to Americans.

Jake

Jake

What? So a liquor store can't sell beer? That's....fucking weird to me. Though, I guess the Canadian method of nothing alcoholic can be sold anywhere but a liquor store is probably just as fucked to Americans.
Well, you can buy beer that's over 6% at a liquor store (though it's almost never cold), so my original bitch wasn't completely accurate.

Rob King

Rob King

Well, I thought it was weird as all hell finding beer in a Wal*Mart in North Carolina when I was down there.

figmentPez

figmentPez

- Fire Ants
- High Humidity
- Lots of restaurants that fail, change ownership, radically change recipes, etc. Sometimes it feels hard to find a non-chain restaurant to frequent because the local places are in a constant state of flux.
- Long travel time to get anywhere. (15 minutes to the nearest grocery store, 30 minutes to a movie theater, etc.)

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

- Fire Ants
- High Humidity
- Lots of restaurants that fail, change ownership, radically change recipes, etc. Sometimes it feels hard to find a non-chain restaurant to frequent because the local places are in a constant state of flux.
- Long travel time to get anywhere. (15 minutes to the nearest grocery store, 30 minutes to a movie theater, etc.)
Sometimes I wonder if we are in the same town.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Economic problems, massive corruption in the government, we lost our NBA team.

Kitty Sinatra

The Metropolitain. Heck, all the damn highways. It's pathetic.

Other than that, my city fucken rocks... :D
That's what I'm saying.

Although I believe I'm the only one in Ontario who doesn't like your liquor laws. It seemed like I was always hitting a place where I had to order food when all I wanted was a drink, and a place that only served booze when what I wanted was a meal.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

So, in my home city of Edmonton, the liquor laws require any establishment serving alcohol also must serve food. There's a bar that's well known (locally anyway) for having the hundred dollar hot dog. It's the smallest, most pathetic weiner possible on a stale bun for a hundred bucks. They technically serve food.

Kitty Sinatra

Oh yeah. Ontario's the same. Every place that serves booze has to serve food, too. But this works out fine.

What really annoyed me about Montreal is that there are places that serve booze where you must order food.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Halifax had a brief by-law that you can only sit in a smoking section if you are eating food and alcohol can only be served to smoking sections with food.

phil

phil

Not a whole lot really. It's a college town, so in the summer or during spring break it's a ghost town, almost. There's not a whole lot to do I guess, especially if you don't like bars. There's also a huge greek life population so going out can kind of an adventure because you don't know when you'll run into a drunk frat boy with something to prove.

Luckily for me I like going to the bars and beating the shit out of me would just make whoever did it look pathetic, so I don't have much to worry about.

Vagabond

V.Bond

The ever growing congestion, set to go off the charts once the new freeway is completed and dumps into here.

Lack of affordable housing.

The contrast between the newer and older parts of town. The city has no identity.

This stupid thing

Jay

Jay

Oh yeah. Ontario's the same. Every place that serves booze has to serve food, too. But this works out fine.

What really annoyed me about Montreal is that there are places that serve booze where you must order food.
I don't recall any laws for that. Looks like you got bamboozled.

Heck, in some places, if you time it JUST RIGHT, you can get a free buffet... while you watch naked chicks dancing a few feet away. On Thursday they serve focaccia sammiches... you know where I'll be!

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

you know where I'll be!
Online, telling people they take too long in combat and that they should have their actions planned out ahead of time?

Rob King

Rob King

Huh. I had never heard of that "If you serve alcohol, you must also serve food" thing. I don't think we have that in Newfoundland.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

The subway is filled with assholes. The people who ride it everyday are assholes who don't fucking make room when they have a couple empty feet next to them, the guys who work the stations are assholes because they don't do shit to help you out when you have a problem, the tourists who get on for their "new york city experience" are assholes don't have a fucking clue that people on the subway don't like being randomly talked to, and the MTA are the greatest assholes of them - they'll blow a surplus of cash on vapor-developments instead of cleaning and maintaining the subway, and then come crying for a handout of public money while also hiking the fares to make up for all the money they lost doing fucking nothing.

Also, New York City politicians are the most corrupt fuckwads in the country. Except for New York State politicians, who are really the most corrupt fuckwads in the country. Except for New Jersey politicians.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I live in Dixie County.

DIXIE COUNTY.

I can hear the banjos from here...

Rob King

Rob King

... assholes don't have a fucking clue that people on the subway don't like being randomly talked to ...
I would not be able to deal. For example, the girl who I've been dating ... I met her through a random conversation on the bus. She was a complete stranger to me when we got on the vehcile, and now a dozen plus months later I'm spending obscene amounts of money to take her fancy places.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

... assholes don't have a fucking clue that people on the subway don't like being randomly talked to ...
I would not be able to deal. For example, the girl who I've been dating ... I met her through a random conversation on the bus. She was a complete stranger to me when we got on the vehcile, and now a dozen plus months later I'm spending obscene amounts of money to take her fancy places.[/QUOTE]

Dude, why? You already know she's down for public transportation.

Rob King

Rob King

I would not be able to deal. For example, the girl who I've been dating ... I met her through a random conversation on the bus. She was a complete stranger to me when we got on the vehcile, and now a dozen plus months later I'm spending obscene amounts of money to take her fancy places.[/QUOTE]

Dude, why? You already know she's down for public transportation.[/QUOTE]

I was more being foolish, to be honest. So far we've done a movie, gone out to supper (which is actually the only 'fancy' thing we've done). We're going to a ball this weekend, which I guess is fancy. But beyond that it's basically been DVDs at home, and coffee dates.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

No donut shops.

Well sure, you can get *donuts* from the grocery stores or bakeries, but there is not a single donut shop of the Dunkin, Tim Hortons, or Winchells variety anywhere to be found. Not for a minimum of 30 miles. For a college town with national championship aspirations, that is flat out unacceptable.

Philosopher B.

I live in Dixie County.

DIXIE COUNTY.

I can hear the banjos from here...
But ... banjos are awesome!

Except for New Jersey politicians.
I gotta get outta here.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

For as big a city as Atlanta is, there is NOTHING here that really interests me. Also, the speed limits are stupid low (55-60mph, really) and getting anywhere is a huge pain with the 20276526 freeways/access roads/interstates that cross in/near the city.

Gusto

Gusto

Three local well-known universities/colleges leads to the city being overrun with people who think they own the city because they go to a world-renowned school.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Another one to add to my list: the stupid street names! It's like all the suburbs around here chose names by putting themed words into a hat and drawing them out at random, and they didn't fill the hat very full to begin with. An intersection I used to turn at frequently was the crossing of Timber Forest and Forest Timbers (and there are at least seven other streets in the immediate area that have Timbers as part of their name). Probably half of the street names are Tree-name Body-of-water. There are so many streets with Maple in the name that I wonder how the post office copes... Oh, wait, they don't. Mail service was horrible when I lived in one of the worst offending areas. We were constantly getting mail for similarly named streets. Same number, half the street name the same, but not the right house. It wasn't even just one house that was that similar, it was several.

ElJuski

ElJuski

For as big a city as Atlanta is, there is NOTHING here that really interests me. Also, the speed limits are stupid low (55-60mph, really) and getting anywhere is a huge pain with the 20276526 freeways/access roads/interstates that cross in/near the city.
I think the highest speed limit in my state is 65.

Jake

Jake

the 20276526 freeways/access roads/interstates that cross in/near the city.
Half of which are named Peachtree.

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

Another one to add to my list: the stupid street names! It's like all the suburbs around here chose names by putting themed words into a hat and drawing them out at random, and they didn't fill the hat very full to begin with. An intersection I used to turn at frequently was the crossing of Timber Forest and Forest Timbers (and there are at least seven other streets in the immediate area that have Timbers as part of their name). Probably half of the street names are Tree-name Body-of-water. There are so many streets with Maple in the name that I wonder how the post office copes... Oh, wait, they don't. Mail service was horrible when I lived in one of the worst offending areas. We were constantly getting mail for similarly named streets. Same number, half the street name the same, but not the right house. It wasn't even just one house that was that similar, it was several.
The streets in my town are as follows Which Way, Winding Way, Circle Way, This Way, That Way, etc

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

1. NOTHING TO DO. AT ALL. Except drink. We do have random festivals and such.... BUT THERE IS THIS!!!! http://www.topofthehopsbeerfest.com/ Totally excited about that one. But if the big fun life is for you, Covington is a great place to live because it's almost equidistant between Baton Rouge *shudder* and NOLA. Ah.... sweet NOLA.

2. Housing market: Since a natural disaster hits NOLA every once in a while, small houses are kinda expensive due to the inevitable exodus to the northshore. Good side to that is I will be able to sell my house, should I choose to do so in a few years, quickly and make some money off of it.

3. Applebee's rejected my ID. Fuck you. Apparently I look like I am able to produce the State's license holograms in my basement (hahahhaa there are no basements here hahahahahahah)

4. Humidity! During the summer you pretty much have to consume your air by eating it. Another bad side to that is whenever I go to Indiana, my nose bleeds. Brian actually took me to a botanical garden in Ft. Wayne just so I could breathe the humidity in the rain forest exhibit.

5. Interior Crocodile Alligators. Haha.

6. Flooding? In some places it floods. My new house is right by a river too... damn flood insurance...

7. David Duke lives in Mandeville.

8. No Gusto in my pants.

Now, there are lots of good things about Covington. For example, it's not Baton Rouge. And you are smack dab in between farms and hoity toity shoppes. And I'm kinda close to Ceeg. And there's Pizza Man. And good beer. REALLY good beer.

I love Abita....

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

the 20276526 freeways/access roads/interstates that cross in/near the city.
Half of which are named Peachtree.[/QUOTE]

Oh God yeah, this too. Fucking impossible to tell people how to get anywhere.

"Take Peachtree Industrial to Peachtree Corners and hang a left on Peachtree Road until you get to Peachtree Parkway. If you hit Peachtree Place you've gone too far and your head has likely exploded."

---------- Post added at 01:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 AM ----------

I think the highest speed limit in my state is 65.[/QUOTE]

Most CA interstates it's at least 70. But within about 15-20 miles of most towns/cities here it goes from 55-60.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Is that why the channel we get that used to be TBS is called Peachtree now? Good to know.

Chazwozel

Ah Spring is in the air in Philly. The vapors of rotting garbage, the sweaty steam vents bellowing subway odors, and-- of course-- the bums all coming out in hoards begging for change; getting pissed if you tell them you have none.

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

Ah Spring is in the air in Philly. The vapors of rotting garbage, the sweaty steam vents bellowing subway odors, and-- of course-- the bums all coming out in hoards begging for change; getting pissed if you tell them you have none.
Well in that case tell the bums you have change but you need to save it so you can buy yourself some booze, see what they say.

Jake

Jake

I like the new trend of the popular panhandling corners around town being taken over by respectable homeless types hawking those "Homeless Times" (or whatever) newspapers. That's far more legit than just hitting people up for malt liquor money.

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

My car is covered in tree sperm.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Again?

As I said before, better on your car than on your face.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

As I said before, better on your car than on your face.
Well, that's only if she isn't an arborsexual

Cajungal

Cajungal

I wonder if she could bring her birch to prom.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

As long as its bark isn't worse than its bite, I'm sure she could have gone crazy.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

This is going to happen here in another couple months, not looking forward to it.

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

Heehee! My poor car feels very used. And she likes it!

Shaw Coyote

Shaw Coyote

The governor.

TwoBit