Export thread

What should Calleja do for this avatar T-shirt?

ZenMonkey

ZenMonkey

I have in my hot little hands a free code for a male Beatles Rock Band T-shirt for one's Xbox 360 avatar. Now, it would simply be too easy and not enough fun to just HAND IT OVER to Calleja.

So I put it to you, Halforums: What should he do in order to receive this code? No poll as I don't want to restrict any answers. Except:

1. Nothing sexual. I'm married and ew, he's like a little brother to me.
2. Nothing of monetary value changing hands. I lucked into this and am giving it away.

While I know this is game-related, I thought everyone might want to throw in their two cents, but as always, if requested, I'll move this into the subforum.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

At the very least, he should do a vocal rendition of a Beetles song of your choice.

ZenMonkey

ZenMonkey

At the very least, he should do a vocal rendition of a Beetles song of your choice.
Ooo...Ashburner hits one out of the park at his first at-bat!

Jake

Jake

Video of him singing "Ob-la-di, Ob-la-da" while dancing around a sombrero.

Calleja

Calleja

I can't really do video since my webcam exploded (literally, shattered into a million pieces as it fell from a fifth floor window)

Also... DAMN YOU ZENLADY!! :shakes fist at her:

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

Also.. is there a pic in the OP I'm not seeing? The "this" in the title thread kinda implies so, but no amount of reloading loads it up

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I can't really do video since my webcam exploded (literally, shattered into a million pieces as it fell from a fifth floor window)

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

Also.. is there a pic in the OP I'm not seeing? The "this" in the title thread kinda implies so, but no amount of reloading loads it up
You have a microphone? It doesn't need to be video. Also, we aren't asking for something AMAZING here... just some effort :)

Jake

Jake

we aren't asking for something AMAZING here... just some effort :)
Speak for yourself.

ZenMonkey

ZenMonkey

Oh that is no way to get the shirt, querido.

No, no pic, I only have the numerical code. It's probably Googleable.

And yes, I would accept a mic-only rendition if that's what we decide. Preferably in Spanish.

Any other ideas?

Calleja

Calleja

......I have a microphone yes.. :tsk:

ZenMonkey

ZenMonkey

......I have a microphone yes.. :tsk:
If it makes you feel any better it doesn't have to be shared with the rest of the forum. :D

Gusto

Gusto

HOW ABOUT

He's not allowed to listen to any Beatles for 2 weeks. Honour system.

Calleja

Calleja

...dude, I'm buying one of the re-masters a week.. I'm SAVING UP with the sole purpose of buying them.. I'm not gonna stop listening to them for 2 whole weeks, no. Maybe once I'm done buying them all.

ZenMonkey

ZenMonkey

Also how does that benefit me, exactly. Let's not lose sight of the point here.

Gusto

Gusto

I'm just trying to ruin your life is all.

phil

phil

Perhaps he can't post any new beatles threads?

Or he has to write a small essay about a band that is better than the beatles. He doesn't have to believe it, but he has to make an argument for why this band is better than the beatles.

ZenMonkey

ZenMonkey

Hm...I don't really want to punish Calleja for it. The song and the essay are two good ideas.

Wasabi Poptart

I think he should sing "Something" in Spanish.

Calleja

Calleja

.... oh man. This thread makes me cringe more and more.

ZenMonkey

ZenMonkey

Funny, it's cheering me up immensely.

JCM

Write a halforum wiki for every user who isnt there.
Then make a ZenMonkey altar, and place incense daily there.

Wasabi Poptart

A ZenMonkey altar made of Beatles cds!

Philosopher B.

Make 'im sing Love Me Do. :p

Calleja

Calleja

I should point out right now that I will NOT do any Yoko Ono songs, for moral reasons :humph:

HoboNinja

HoboNinja

Make him sing this...

Muhahahaha

Cuyval Dar

Make him sing a Yoko Ono song.

Hylian

Hylian

-

Also.. is there a pic in the OP I'm not seeing? The \"this\" in the title thread kinda implies so, but no amount of reloading loads it up

I am not sure but I believe that this is what is being referred to.

http://www.consolemonster.com/newspost.php?id=0000005933

Something we might see happening more often is the introduction of Avatar clothes when you purchase new games. While some games, like 'Splosion Man, have the items as unlockables, The Beatles: Rock band take this one step further and offer the shirt as a redeem code.​
This was announced by the face of US Xbox Live, Major Nelson. He posted this on his twitter;

Major Nelson: If you want the special Beatles Rock Band shirt for your Xbox 360 Avatar, this is what you need to look for: http://bit.ly/LJKjl
The link forwards you to his flickr account and the promotional images for the avatar offer. Nothing has been confirmed for a UK release of this item but I highly doubt we will get left out.​
You can help support the site by purchasing The Beatles: Rock Band from Play.com. Click here and we will take you directly to the game's page at Play.com where you can buy or pre-order this game today!

ZenMonkey

ZenMonkey

That's probably it.

I do love the song "Fernando"...

Calleja

Calleja

Oh man.. I wish I had that shirt IN REAL LIFE!

elph

Calleja just showed off his really sweet phone. He's a smart guy, and I'm pretty sure that phone has a video recorder (mine does, and it's about the same type) with microphone.

So... the lack of webcam can't really come into play in getting you to sing or do a little video now.

Calleja

Calleja

gorram it

Chippy

Chippy

The video has to be him in only underwear and a sombrero, using a broom as a mic while he sings "Twist and Shout." No pansy, half-assed singing either. Full on or nothing.

phil

phil

He has to do a video of him William shatnaring a beatles song, while preferably taking off his shirt and crying.

Off camera his friends are yelling at him to keep going and throwing food at him.

ZenMonkey

ZenMonkey

Calleja just showed off his really sweet phone. He's a smart guy, and I'm pretty sure that phone has a video recorder (mine does, and it's about the same type) with microphone.

So... the lack of webcam can't really come into play in getting you to sing or do a little video now.
Have I ever mentioned that you are a handsome and well-spoken member of this community?

GeneralOrder24

Have him go around and ask people what they're favorite beatles songs are. When they give an answer, he must reply back with the fact that his is either "Live and Let die," or "Man on the Run"

This must continue until someone calls him on it, and then he must defend his position, wholeheartedly.

If he gets footage of this, I'll give him my beatles rock band shirt, too.

elph

Have I ever mentioned that you are a handsome and well-spoken member of this community?[/QUOTE]

That actually got a smirk and a soft chuckle out of me. It's been a while.

Calleja

Calleja

Have him go around and ask people what they're favorite beatles songs are. When they give an answer, he must reply back with the fact that his is either "Live and Let die," or "Man on the Run"

This must continue until someone calls him on it, and then he must defend his position, wholeheartedly.

I'm so glad everyone in the forum understands spanish so they'll grasp everything that's being said in the interviews I do of random mexicans. I dig this idea! I would certainly not just tell people random stuff and throw in beatles song names to make it seem like we're talking about that!

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

Very funny whoever made the "make him sing yoko ono" tag ¬¬

I said MORALS, I would not sing a yoko ono song for a chance to meet Paul, let alone a t-shirt :humph:

GeneralOrder24

I'm so glad everyone in the forum understands spanish so they'll grasp everything that's being said in the interviews I do of random mexicans. I dig this idea! I would certainly not just tell people random stuff and throw in beatles song names to make it seem like we're talking about that![/quote]

I'm sure there are enough people that speak Spanish around here to call your bluff if you fake it!

Also, those aren't random Beatles songs....They're McCartney songs (the second being actually titled "Band on the run" but the common mishearing around here is "Man.") That's why it's funny. It's basically "get into an argument with someone that your favorite Beatles song is a Non-Beatles song, and then argue it is."

Meh, It was more of a joke, anyway.

---------- Post added at 02:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 AM ----------

PS: Calleja, minus two fan points for not catching the non-beatles songs!

Calleja

Calleja

No, minus two reading comprehension points for you. I can list you the track order of all original non-compilation Beatle albums from memory... there's no multiverse version of me that did not "catch" that. Hell, my mom would have caught that and she listens to Narada almost exclusively.

Throwing beatle song names was just to aid the joke that I was gonna "talk" about that. Sheesh.

And whoever thinks it's "MAN on the run" needs to a) clean out their ears more often and b) maybe pay attention to the lyrics more?

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

.... I was seriously offended by GO24 thinking I didn't catch that, I can't tell you how many versions of that post I erased cause they were too flamey.

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

Also.. I need a thicker beatles-skin.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Calleja, know any good Dean Martin songs you could serenade to Zen? Dressed up as a Mariachi and with fake moustache, of course :p

Calleja

Calleja

Lot os sombrero requests, so I should say I don't have a sombrero... or access to a sombrero... I could bring in a funny Union Jack hat, or a beanie or a santa hat into the equation, but no sombreros.

Or mariachi costumes... those things are expensive as fuck.

GeneralOrder24

.... I was seriously offended by GO24 thinking I didn't catch that, I can't tell you how many versions of that post I erased cause they were too flamey.
...All you need is love, man.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Calleja, know any good Dean Martin songs you could serenade to Zen? Dressed up as a Mariachi and with fake moustache, of course :p
Volare is always a good choice ;)

Calleja

Calleja

OOOHHH...so THAT'S Dean Martin.

I've always preferred the Gypsy Kings version.

ZenMonkey

ZenMonkey

I'm a big fan of the Gipsy Kings' version. Also of "Hotel California."

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Underwear*, some silly hat, singing and dancing Yellow Submarine... the spanish version.

I mean, I don't think anybody can like the spanish version of Yellow submarine...
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPSoZUoSg44"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPSoZUoSg44[/ame]

*BEATLES underwear?

ZenMonkey

ZenMonkey

Lot os sombrero requests, so I should say I don't have a sombrero... or access to a sombrero... I could bring in a funny Union Jack hat
(more or less verbatim)

Me: You know Calleja?
Husband: *nods*
Me: *tells him about all this because of him being at Activision now*
Husband: Isn't Calleja the one with the sombrero?
Me: No, actually he was just talking about his lack of sombreros.
Husband: I thought I remembered someone with a big sombrero.
Me: He has a big Union Jack hat.
Husband: No, it was a big sombrero. And a giant moustache.
Me: I think that's twitchmoss. But I think he's English. And the guy with the Union Jack hat is Mexican.
Husband: ...

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Wait, your hubby knows Halforums folks by name? That's cool... and also a little creepy. :p

bhamv3

bhamv3

For a period of time, (say, one week), every post Calleja makes has to include a Beatles lyric, in a relevant place. For example, if he posts a manbaww thread, he could say,

Man my life sucks. Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away, but today they're all piling onto my lap again.
Or if he's talking about a trip to the beach:
We set out quite early in the morning, just after dawn, but we still managed to get lost. Good thing the car came with a GPS, so we used it til we found the sea green. Well, blue.
To prevent him copping out and just not posting for the week, this can be changed to a certain number of posts instead. For example, for his next 50 posts.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Until the end of the year, Calleja has to change his sig to read,

"I love ZenMonkey more than Jon loved Yoko."

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Lot os sombrero requests, so I should say I don't have a sombrero... or access to a sombrero... I could bring in a funny Union Jack hat, or a beanie or a santa hat into the equation, but no sombreros.

Curiously enough, you can find sombreros of all sizes and colors in Barcelona, for tourists to buy. A PITY THEY HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH SPAIN.

elph

Wait, your husband is with Activision (the enemy!) now? How'd that come about? Did they buy out the studio he was working with for Scratch?

ZenMonkey

ZenMonkey

Wait, your hubby knows Halforums folks by name? That's cool... and also a little creepy. :p
No, he knows people on Twitter really, although I don't think he actually knew twitchmoss as they don't follow each other. I believe he may have heard of Calleja's antics once or twice though. :loco: (Also I'm pretty sure he knows who you are, NR.)

"I love ZenMonkey more than Jon loved Yoko."
I said "little brother"! Sheesh.

Wait, your husband is with Activision (the enemy!) now? How'd that come about? Did they buy out the studio he was working with for Scratch?
That was it, yep. And just laid off half the company this week. (No secret, it was on Kotaku.)

SeraRelm

So should I mention I have the Beatles Rockband t shit in real life or not?

(didn't buy it, don't think they sold this one, got it free at work)

Calleja

Calleja

If Zen can get me to do crazy shit for the virtual tshirt, and she can, Sera could get twice the crazy shit for an ACTUAL real life shirt.

SeraRelm

*looks at said shirt. reads Callehalleja's post. looks at shirt again*

Hmmm...

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

do it...

DOOOO EEEEEEET...

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

No, he knows people on Twitter really, although I don't think he actually knew twitchmoss as they don't follow each other. I believe he may have heard of Calleja's antics once or twice though. :loco: (Also I'm pretty sure he knows who you are, NR.)

[/QUOTE]

And this is the guy who went shooting for his stag party?

I'm so screwed, aren't I? Meep...

redthirtyone

redthirtyone

-

Also.. is there a pic in the OP I'm not seeing? The \"this\" in the title thread kinda implies so, but no amount of reloading loads it up

I am not sure but I believe that this is what is being referred to.

http://www.consolemonster.com/newspost.php?id=0000005933

Something we might see happening more often is the introduction of Avatar clothes when you purchase new games. While some games, like 'Splosion Man, have the items as unlockables, The Beatles: Rock band take this one step further and offer the shirt as a redeem code.​
This was announced by the face of US Xbox Live, Major Nelson. He posted this on his twitter;

Major Nelson: If you want the special Beatles Rock Band shirt for your Xbox 360 Avatar, this is what you need to look for: http://bit.ly/LJKjl
The link forwards you to his flickr account and the promotional images for the avatar offer. Nothing has been confirmed for a UK release of this item but I highly doubt we will get left out.​
You can help support the site by purchasing The Beatles: Rock Band from Play.com. Click here and we will take you directly to the game's page at Play.com where you can buy or pre-order this game today!
[/QUOTE]

yup - was gonna say see my sig for avatar demo - but this works as well

SeraRelm

Trying to decide if I can afford to mail it and if I feel comfortable asking for someone's mailing address on these boards or not.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Trying to decide if I can afford to mail it and if I feel comfortable asking for someone's mailing address on these boards or not.
I've sold stuff on this board before. I'm still alive.

Iaculus

I've sold stuff on this board before. I'm still alive.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, sure, that's what they all say.

Zombie.

Bubble181

Bubble181

I've sold stuff on this board before. I'm still alive.[/QUOTE]

I've *bought* and *got gifts* through this forum and I'm still alive. Mostly. :confused:

Calleja

Calleja

Calleja

Calleja

Ok.. Zen and I have "settled" out of cour-- I mean thread to decide what I would do... and I'm preparing the mp3 as we speak BUT I need a good way to upload it..

I know a few months ago someone used this awesome site that let you just upload sound files and embed them for easy play... but I can't seem to find that site... can anyone help with that?

Also.. if anyone can find a source for beatle songs sans vocal tracks, ie, just the instrumentalization, It'd really help with the process... I know it's probably a long shot, though.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Can't you just upload it here? I know you can send files via PMs at least, as I've helped Shego out once.

ZenMonkey

ZenMonkey

Also.. if anyone can find a source for beatle songs sans vocal tracks, ie, just the instrumentalization, It'd really help with the process... I know it's probably a long shot, though.
You might want to put the song on your iPod on low (so you can hear the music but the lyrics won't distract you), listen through your headphones, and sing into the mic. That'll help you do it more or less a cappella.

Calleja

Calleja

Ok, I see the downloads list but how do I UPLOAD? :confused:

---------- Post added at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

Ok, nevermind, I think it's working now...

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

Original:

-------------------

****WARNING*****

NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART. IF YOU ARE ATTACHED TO YOUR SANITY, SUFFER ANY HEART CONDITIONS, OR HAVE ANY TYPE OF SENSIBILITY TO MUSIC, SOUNDS AND EVERYTHING THAT IS GOOD AND PROPER YOU WILL NOT LISTEN TO THIS.

REPEAT: YOU SHOULD NOT LISTEN TO THIS.

THE FOLLOWING SOUND FILE SOUNDS SIMILAR TO THE WAILINGS OF A DYING MUTANT GIRAFFE, RECORDED WHILE BEING RAPED BY REAVERS.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

http://www.halforums.com/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=5

ZenMonkey

ZenMonkey

Wooooooo! :clap:

You picked my first choice song even. :love:

Check your PMs.

Calleja

Calleja

Oh, right, and the "translated" lyrics, I forgot:

I sorta tried to keep within the meter/rhythm but, as you saw, failed miserably at some parts, but I couldn't bring myself to change the song TOO much...

Hubo antes una forma
de ir camino a casa
hubo antes una forma
de regresar a casa
Duerme, linda nena
no llores
Y cantaré una cancion

Sueños dorados llenan tus ojos
Sonrisas despiertan al levantar
Duerme, linda nena
no llores
Y cantaré una canción

Hubo antes una forma
de ir camino a casa
hubo antes una forma
de regresar a casa
Duerme, linda nena
no llores
Y cantaré una cancion

Niño, cargarás ese peso
Cargarás ese peso por mucho
Niño, cargarás ese peso

Nunca te doy mi almohada
solo te envio mis invitaciones
y a la mitad de las celebraciones
Me quiebro

Niño, cargarás ese peso
Niño, cargarás ese peso

Jake

Jake

Curiously enough, you can find sombreros of all sizes and colors in Barcelona, for tourists to buy. A PITY THEY HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH SPAIN.[/QUOTE]
Similarly, Nashville has plenty of cowboy hats for sale, but this ain't exactly ranch country.