Export thread

What the Hell is That Thing at the Bottom?

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

There's some bar at the bottom of the forum.

What the hell is it?

I'm afraid I can't let you do that, Dave.

makare

Im afraid period.

Dave

Dave

https://www.halforums.com/threads/arrowchat.26163/
Added at: 22:39
It's just not fixed yet. But it's close.

Denbrought

Denbrought

It's just not fixed yet. But it's close.
Sounds like you're trying to neuter a titan hehe.

Espy

Espy

Man, maybe it's because I've been drinking but... I was expecting something very different from this thread.

makare

Dirty mind? Clean it up!

phil

phil

I accidentally a chat room.

Dave

Dave

Someone had to.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

*sweeps the cobwebs out of #halforums... again.*

*adjust the chairs no one has ever used for the umpteenth time.*

empty chairs at empty tables...

Dave

Dave

The main issue I have with the IRC client is that it's totally separated from the site itself. I'm trying to find something that is integrated so everyone can use it easily across the boards.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

A link like this one will get folks to the #halforums channel, either via their existing client or mibbit...

irc://irc.slashnet.org:6008/halforums

(which doesn't automatically turn to hypertext, and trying to use the link button adds an extra http:// to the front. :p)

Espy

Espy

Yeah, I finally saw the chat bar, like Facebook I think it's fine. Never been an IRC can personally, I'd much rather have it all contained on the site, plus it would get more folks talking I think.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Another thing that turns people off to IRC is that it's not "user friendly" to get started on. Not exactly "click and start". Also, logging on to an empty room isn't exactly a persuasion tactic for people to stick around till more show up. Lastly, as negative as it is for me to say, an IRC channel usually only works with a community of a good 1000+ as more people tend to be just "hanging around" instead of the close knit community we have here.

Dave

Dave

Looks like it's working. Now to tweak it a bit.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Side note: I cannot see the chat bar on my proxy. Bummer.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

I'm in the chatroom, but no one's online for the instant messaging stuff

Dave

Dave

Pro tip: It only shows those whom you are following for the notifications thing.

I'm going to be writing up a How To.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

So I'm SoL?

Dave

Dave

I don't know about proxies. If it shows you as Unregistered or not logged in you won't be able to see it. I frankly just don't know how proxies will affect it.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Oh the fun I could have had....

Dave

Dave

I have followed you to see how it reacts and it does not show you as online. Huh. That's just odd.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Proxies are magic.