Export thread

What The Smurf, NPH?

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Neil Patrick Harris to star in Smurfs movie

Huh. Yeah. Please don't let this be as awful as the live-action Chipmunks movie. But it probably will be. *sigh* :eek:hwell:

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

I am never gonna fault the man for getting a big ass paycheck. Him and Jason Lee and Bill Murray are laughing to the bank.

Rob King

Rob King

I have an intense, definitely-not-heterosexual love for Neil Patrick Harris. I avoided the chipmunks movie like the plague, but I'll probably go to see this.

filmfanatic

filmfanatic

More casting news has been announced: Jonathon Winters as Papa Smurf.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I am never gonna fault the man for getting a big ass paycheck. Him and Jason Lee and Bill Murray are laughing to the bank.
Can't blame them... and at least Bill Murray admits that the Garfield movie was his low point and is willing to joke about it (like in Zombieland).

Espy

Espy

So are they providing voices then or are they being digitally transformed into little blue things?

Zappit

Zappit

So are they providing voices then or are they being digitally transformed into little blue things?
They blew the bank on NPH, so they gotta squat down and hold their breath. That's all that's left for special effects.

TwoBit

They already made a live-action smurf movie. It was called Avatar.

Calleja

Calleja

Old joke is still not that funny.

Unless done by South Park.

TwoBit

It's a stale joke no matter who does it.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Besides, according to South Park the future will be ruled by otters and guys with either 80s hairdos or condom hats.

Also, on the topic: I wonder if Gargamel will finally find out what his real motive is.

Calleja

Calleja

I thought it was always said he wanted to capture them because they were an element in a potion thing?

oh hey, wiki confirms:

His main goal in life is to destroy the Smurfs and/or capture enough of them to create a potion to turn base matter into gold.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

There was also something about wanting to eat them...

filmfanatic

filmfanatic

There was also something about wanting to eat them...
His motivation changed over time in the comics. It changed in this order:

1. Capture a Smurf to make a Philosopher's Stone.
2. Capture one for the Stone, then make a stew out of some of the others.
3. KILL THEM ALL!!!

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

She lives! Nice to see you back, Shego!

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Switch love and fucking and that's my quote.

@Li3n

@Li3n

Rob is obviously just making a homage to your quote deary. Me, i'm stealing it, but adding "as long as she don't talk during!"

Rob King

Rob King

Switch love and fucking and that's my quote.
Rob King approves of this alteration.

Calleja

Calleja

Katy Perry is like the personification of "my type". I can't stop looking at her every time she's on. Seriously, she's like a hair beneath Scarlett level.