What's a good site for researching mobile phones & carriers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

YAOMTC

My sister is looking into getting a mobile phone, and while I've tried to convince her to stay away from AT&T (by showing her this and this), she's not convinced that she shouldn't consider their phones. She wants a phone that's cheap (i.e., not the G1 or Curve), at least as part of a plan. She wants something with which she can freely make her own ringtones, and isn't restricted to what the carrier provides without hacking (hi Verizon!). It's just that there's so many phones out there, and it's often hard to know what weight reviews on various sites carry. Engadget and Gizmodo are more news sites. Is there any site out there with a knowledgable community on which you can view the details and reviews of different carriers and their phones? Someone suggested this to me, and while it does provide some good comparisons of relative prices, it's very lacking in the technical details and aforementioned community (mainly for the purpose of reviews).

The Curve is only $20 with a new plan or upgrade from Sprint right now via Best Buy. Just make sure they get the right data plan for the BlackBerry, or you'll be headed back to the Sprint Store to get it working right (like I had to).

Y

YAOMTC

Kissinger said:
phonescoop.com

*drops mic, walks off stage*
I was able to tell this was the right site before it even starting loading most of the page:

"cell phone reviews, info, news, community, and deals"

Thanks a bunch!

(of course, if there's more sites like this, it'd be great for comparison)

S

Steven Soderburgin

I worked in the cell phone industry for four years at two different carriers, and that site is the best one.

Status
Not open for further replies.