Export thread

What's for lunch?

Hylian

Hylian

So what are you having for lunch today?

As for me in an attempt to eat healthier (and cheaper) I bought myself a cheap little bento box and am trying to bring healthy food to work.

Gusto

Gusto

Eatin' a god damned roast beef sandwich right now.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Eatin' a god damned salami sandwich right now.

Shakey

Shakey

Ate a god damned turkey sammich. Eatin an apple right now.

KCWM

KCWM

grilled chicken strips w/ lots of garlic and pepper, some steamfresh sweet corn, and brown rice. Big glass of water with a lemonade flavor-packet mixed in. Same thing, 4 out of the 5 works days of the week. Losing an average of 5 lbs a week? Worth it.

Matt²

air. it's what's for dinner!

Well, either that or leftover hotdogs.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Baked Potato, with Grated Cheese, Chicken, Broccoli, and Bacon Bits... /Nummy

Wasabi Poptart

Probably a turkey sammich with lettuce, tomato, pepper jack cheese and mayo plus some baby carrots on the side.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Haven't eaten lunch yet. It was a late morning.
But I don't have much food in the house, so it'll probably be raw carrots and broccoli like yesterday and the day before.

On the bright side, my borderline-poverty is forcing me to eat healthier.

General Specific

General Specific

probably a god damned chicken sammich in just a little bit

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Chicken 'n' spinach spaghetti.

Null

Null

11 baby carrots.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Had tacos that were not damned by God nor any other being... I hope. Hylian, what in the name of hell is in that box anyway? Some kind of noodle dish... radishes maybe ... and ....... I got nothing. It's a weird picture.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Still cooking a pot of Chili, and a pot of beans. My beans are famous, but I'm still working on my chili recipe.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Just don't let them touch, or kablooey.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I judged a chili cookoff once, the head judge dropped the line about... "Anyone that knows beans about Texas Chili, knows there's no beans in Texas Chili."

I had to interrupt and say, "My Dad, 3 uncles, and Grand Father were all working Texas Cowboys... They put beans in their chili."

I made the beans in case I screw up the chili. Or to add them together to stretch my budget.

---------- Post added at 02:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 AM ----------

Chili is pretty damned good.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Chili is one of the most lovely little pleasures on a cool day. ^_^ Or a warm day when I'm in the comfort of an air-conditioned room. It's a joy to make and to share... especially if there's cornbread.

Hylian

Hylian

Had tacos that were not damned by God nor any other being... I hope. Hylian, what in the name of hell is in that box anyway? Some kind of noodle dish... radishes maybe ... and ....... I got nothing. It's a weird picture.

Some leftover pasta
Cottage Cheese
Purple carrot (cut up)
Radishes
Curly Kale (the green stuff acting as a divider)

*edit*

And I just finished up making my lunch for tomorrow.

Sho-yu Tamago (soy sauce eggs)
Cheddar cheese
Curly Kale
Purple Carrot
Breaded fish stick
Yogurt

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

I guess some simple salad action, if my brother doesn't have luch with me. If he does, maybe some rice or pasta and something egg based, as I have almost nothing else in the refrigerator.

KCWM

KCWM

Same thing as yesterday...in fact, I have the same thing for lunch every day of the business week except for Wednesday.

Covar

Covar

Sushi. It's pricy for lunch, but oh so good.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

[
Have you ever had tea-marbled eggs? They're very similar to this. I think i'm going to make some this weekend

---------- Post added at 07:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 AM ----------

I wish I could find a good Pho restaurant. Who knew that it would be easier to get good pho in Vancouver than Beijing.
I went to a pho restaurant a few years ago with my last wife. We used to live in Houston, and were rather spoiled by how many good noodle, soup, and dumpling houses from various cultures could be found there. So, I found this little pho restaurant and took here there for her birthday.

I was shocked at how many different ways there were to prepare tripe. The menu had only 15 items--and all of them contained tripe! Tripe soup, tripe with steamed vegetables, dumplings with tripe.

We ended up eating at red lobster. D:

Hylian

Hylian

[
Have you ever had tea-marbled eggs? They're very similar to this. I think i'm going to make some this weekend

[/QUOTE]

I have not made them yet but it is on my list of stuff I want to try making soon.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

they're really good...tea, soy sauce and star anise. They get just enough flavor that you don't have to do anything but eat them

Cajungal

Cajungal

Oatmeal... or grape nuts.

Krisken

Krisken

Feels like an Arbys day.

Element 117

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooommmmm

Cajungal

Cajungal

Ooooohhhhh, Amy, you're making me hungry for sushi! Might have to get me some salmon and escolar this weekend.

Wahad

Wahad

A bunch of plums from my garden. :D They're delicous. And later this month we'll have blackberries and grapes too.

I love my garden.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Steak n Shake bacon & blue burger with fries and a chocolate shake.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Probably a chicken sandwich

Gusto

Gusto

I've been hungry for sushi for weeks now and I finally have time to get some this week.

Time to put out the clarion call for companionship.

LordRendar

LordRendar

Was at an eat-all-you-can buffet.Im stuffed up the wazoo with food.

KCWM

KCWM

leftover bison roast (cold)
italian bread from what wal-mart bakery
slice of cheddar cheese
lettuce
southwestern mustard

MMM sammich.

Null

Null

1 8oz low-fat vanilla yogurt

Gusto

Gusto

Microwave burrito hell yeah.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Hospital chow line. Creole shrimp, rice, black-eyed peas and a banana. Not much, but it fuels the machine.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Hospital chow line. Creole shrimp, rice, black-eyed peas and a banana. Not much, but it fuels the machine.
Those hospital chow lines have gotten better over the last 10 years.

I lived in one small East Texas Town that the best restaurant was the Hospital cafeteria. The manager there had a hotel/culinary degree and a chef's diploma from Cordon Bleu.

Chazwozel

My lunch is always at Cafe Old Nelson: Cafe Old Nelson - Google Maps

Best damn hoagies in Philadelphia.

Dave

Dave

Leftovers from last night's dinner.

Tomorrow? Leftovers from last night's dinner.

The day after? Leftovers...

I hate money. Or at least I hate it when I don't have any.

Baerdog

Baerdog

I have no idea why you seem to be complaining about leftovers. Leftovers are awesome!

Philosopher B.

I am going to be partaking of the SOUP THAT EATS LIKE A MEAL.

Covar

Covar

I had a burrito from this place called chubbies. meh.

Much better was the mini bag of Orville Redenbacher's kettle corn I just finished.

Wasabi Poptart

I had leftover meatloaf and homemade mac & cheese.

The only thing that would make me dislike you more intensely right now would be if you had a cheese steak. I'd kill for a good Italian hoagie.

Chazwozel

The only thing that would make me dislike you more intensely right now would be if you had a cheese steak. I'd kill for a good Italian hoagie.
Guess what I had yesterday for lunch? Oh did I mention this place only uses Boar's Head meats. Mmmmm prosciutto...

Wasabi Poptart

Guess what I had yesterday for lunch? Oh did I mention this place only uses Boar's Head meats. Mmmmm prosciutto...[/QUOTE]

You suck. :p

Cajungal

Cajungal

I am going to be partaking of the SOUP THAT EATS LIKE A MEAL.
I hate that. I hate when companies/people say that food "eats" like someone. The food is not eating. We are eating it. I know what they're going for but it drives me nuts.

Oh, and I had a grilled vegetarian wrap with cheddar cheese. Very tasty.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

"Lunch" will be at ~4am. Sigh. Sloppy joe hot pockets sideshots, little debbie swiss cake rolls, and a coke zero.

I'm hittin' up McD's first thing on my way home come 7am.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I have to take a Tums after reading that.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

been having subway this last week or so.

Baerdog

Baerdog

"Lunch" will be at ~4am. Sigh. Sloppy joe hot pockets sideshots, little debbie swiss cake rolls, and a coke zero.

I'm hittin' up McD's first thing on my way home come 7am.
That sounds absolutely revolting.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

BBQ pork chop, rissotto, spinach and cucumbers.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

BBQ Chicken Baked Potato

Gusto

Gusto

BBQ chicken salad sandwich melt thingy. :O

HoboNinja

HoboNinja

Jungle Curry with Chicken, and sticky rice. From this thai restaurant around the corner from my dorm.

Null

Null

A locally grown peach.

Krisken

Krisken

Honey bagel with ham, chicken, muenster cheese, and mayo. Bottle of coke. Pudding cup. Banana.

Hylian

Hylian

I had a double cheeseburger and fries

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Some spicy pad thai from this local Vietnamese/Thai grill. The owner is awesome and he and his sister's cooking is fucking phenomenal.

Wasabi Poptart

A slice of pizza. A few chunks of cheese. Some grapes. And 3 tortilla chips.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

(1) Granny Smith's apple, (1) Banana and (1) Ham & Turkey sammich on whole wheat.

Gusto

Gusto

FINALLY going out for all you can eat sushi. I've been craving it for like 6 weeks.

Element 117

(1) Granny Smith's apple, (1) Banana and (1) Ham & Turkey sammich on whole wheat.
diet? Heart problems? Not that I'm worried or anything....

I'm eating mixed nuts, an apple, and chasing it with fluoxetine & olanzapine. Woo!

Cajungal

Cajungal

Leftover Zea. Chicken and snap peas.

Hylian

Hylian

Sadly I do not have a picture of it but for today's lunch I made some Americanized sushi rolls (ham, cheese,rice,celery, and bean sprouts, wrapped in seaweed) and some leftover stir fry and rice.

Covar

Covar

I forgot to bring a lunch, so I'm thinking Subway.

Gusto

Gusto

So far, just watermelon. I need some food.

Covar

Covar

Yep, Subway.

Hylian

Hylian

Just finished making my lunch for tomorrow

1. Left over stir fry
2. Bean sprouts and radishes
3. 2 hard boiled eggs on a bed of Kale (I used an egg molder to make them into different shapes)
4. Some crackers and cheese