Export thread

Where are you from again?

Necronic

Necronic

Haven't done this in a while, and I wanted to do it again.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Cajunland.

...my grandma could beat up your dad. <--preview to a song i had to write for Truth or dare.

LittleSin

LittleSin

Newfoundland.

Not New Finland, as people from other places seem to be prone to calling us. :( I wish we had that many saunas.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

America's wang.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

New York.

crono1224

America's glove.

Gusto

Gusto

America's novelty oversized hat.

Krisken

Krisken

America's... um, hairline?

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

IS this more where we are now, or where we were born/raised?

I'm in Austin, but I'm from Nashville.

Baerdog

Baerdog

Arizona. Sigh.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Arizona. Sigh.
Prove it. Show us your papers!

Wasabi Poptart

Originally I'm from New Jersey. Now I live in southern California. Later this year I will be living on Oahu.

Philosopher B.

New Jersey.

phil

phil

America's big brass balls that'll kick you in the god damn face and then call you a pussy 'cause you started to bleed for 5 days 'cause of the awesome roundhouse kick.

AKA

Texas.

Krisken

Krisken

America's big brass balls that'll kick you in the god damn face and then call you a pussy 'cause you started to bleed for 5 days 'cause of the awesome roundhouse kick.

AKA

Texas.
Only Austin is the balls... they are surrounded by the pubes :p

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

I'm from San Diego, but I'm in Atlanta at the moment.

Baerdog

Baerdog

Arizona. Sigh.
Prove it. Show us your papers![/QUOTE]
:humph:

fade

fade

Hahahahahaha.

bhamv3

bhamv3

Taiwan.

Say China and I'll punch out all your blood.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Was born here:

Currently live here:

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

I come from a land of pristine natural beauty, women who'll break your heart as well as your balls if you cross 'em, a land of brooding songs and private ecstacies, of silence in two languages and deeply-held honesty.

Also, Michael Palin likes us. Suck on that, bitches.

Vagabond

V.Bond

Taiwan.

Say China and I'll punch out all your blood.
You tell 'em.

Things were much better under Japan!

Null

Null

New Jersey, where even grues avoid the waterfront at night.

Baerdog

Baerdog

Hoboken's really nice though. Too bad it's so close to Newark.

Null

Null

Actually, I'm across the state from there, but my sister lives in Jersey CIty, which is basically an appendage of Hoboken

Wasabi Poptart

Go south were you can be afraid of the Jersey Devil at night. MUAHAHAHA!

Eh. Actually, you should be afraid of the locals.

Calleja

Calleja

Born in Mexico City, living in Querétaro... which just won this "Golden Broom" award Spain gives out to the cleanest city in the world. Its historic center is also a World Heritage Site.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Born in Yellowknife, NWT, Canada.

Grew up in scenic St. Albert, Alberta

Currently reside in hellish High Level, Alberta
which is very capable of some really spectacular Aurora Borealis

Attachments

gargoyle_eva

gargoyle_eva

Born and bred down under.

West coast of Australia, Beautiful beaches and wonderful scenery. Small city by the name of Geraldton, if anybody is really interested.

Math242

Math242

Belgium. Brabant wallon

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

which just won this "Golden Broom" award Spain gives out to the cleanest city in the world.
WE give out awards to the cleanest city in the world?

(also, I was born and have lived since I was 3 in Barcelona. Between said birth and my 3 years olditude, I lived in Madrid.)

Dusty668

The Blue Ridge mountains of North Carolina, which surprisingly do seem blue at times even though all the damn trees are green, go fig.

Cobra Star

San Antonio, Texas

Krisken

Krisken

San Antonio, Texas
I was only kiddin before. You don't live in the pubes.

Cobra Star

:Leyla:

Philosopher B.

Where women glow and men plunder?

((I'm sorry, I just wanted an excuse to post the 'Bink' video.))

tegid

tegid

Born in Mexico City, living in Querétaro... which just won this "Golden Broom" award Spain gives out to the cleanest city in the world. Its historic center is also a World Heritage Site.
'Golden Broom'?? WTF is wrong with Spaniards?!

I lived in Barcelona from 0 to 18 years old, now live in a town nearby (less than 20 km away, 30' commute).

EDIT: 'Escoba de oro'?

Denbrought

Denbrought

Born'n'raised in Barcelona, moved to a town a handful of kilometres away at age 7, been jumping between there and south of Atlanta from age 15 till now.

LordRavage

New York City. Land of pimps and ho's.

The Simpsons are even funnier in German.

Krisken

Krisken

It should be pimps and C.H.U.D.'s

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

I'm from Calgary, Alberta, Canada...

MindDetective

MindDetective

West coast of Australia, Beautiful beaches and wonderful scenery. Small city by the name of Geraldton, if anybody is really interested.
I lived in Geraldton when I was 4 and 5 years old!

I've also lived in Salt Lake City, Utah; North Rocks, New South Wales; Bolingbrook, IL; Edmonds, WA; Bellingham, WA; Reno, NV; and currently Duluth, MN. Looking to move next year since I didn't get the chance this year...

Element 117

China

Say Taiwan and I'll punch out all your blood.
Fixed. *waits, grinning*

Dave

Dave

Omaha, NE. Land of....well...not much, really.

We have Warren Buffet and a really nice zoo. And the college world series (which starts this week). Other than that...nuffin.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

America's sauce pan?

Element 117

America's tingly No Touch Place

General Specific

General Specific

Born in Texas, parents moved me to South Carolina when I was 3. So, of course, I claim Texas.

Morphine

Morphine

Guadalajara, México.
Second biggest city in Mexico after Mexico city and we haven't got any "golden brooms" from Spain. (ROFL)
It's nice, quite green... tourists seem to like it.

Hylian

Hylian

Born and raised in Lakeweood,WA and currently living in DuPont,WA.

Philosopher B.

Oooh, sparkly!

Chazwozel

I live in your subconscious, and come out as a manifestation of all your fears when you sleep.

Element 117

I live in your subconscious, and come out as a manifestation of all your raging sexual fantasies when you sleep.

fixed

Chazwozel

I live in your subconscious, and come out as a manifestation of all your raging sexual fantasies when you sleep.

fixed[/QUOTE]

I don't live in Ibiza

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

We got a surprisingly large crew from the TriState area.

Northern NJ, here.

bhamv3

bhamv3

China

Say Taiwan and I'll punch out all your blood.
Fixed. *waits, grinning*[/QUOTE]

*punches out all of Crone's blood*

Element 117

*watches Bhamv burn alive from the lava coating him*

Sucker.

Denbrought

Denbrought

*watches Bhamv burn alive from the lava coating him*

Sucker.
Wait, how is this possible? I was told there was only ice in your veins.

Calleja

Calleja

Ice that turns to lava the instant it's exposed to air.

Wasabi Poptart

Guadalajara, México.
How far are you from Chapala? That's where my husband's grandmother lives.

Calleja

Calleja

She's pretty close to Chapala, enough to drive there and back in a day. I lived in Guadalajara for 3 years in my youth.

Covar

Covar

Born on Long Island, grew up in Pikeville (near Goldsboro for our other NC residents) NC, and currently living in Cary, North Carolina.

Troll

Troll

I was born in the Bible Belt, and have lived most of my life in the San Francisco Bay Area. I'm currently hoping to move to Santa Cruz, CA in the near future.

Morphine

Morphine

Guadalajara, México.
How far are you from Chapala? That's where my husband's grandmother lives.[/QUOTE]

About 30 or 40 mins away. Very close.
Chapala's lake surroundings are filled with American and Canadian retired people that dress festively all year long, I love them n_n

Candle Jack

nowhere near Crystal Lake, but from the woods.

klew

klew

Started stage left, currently stage right

Rob King

Rob King

Put up another for Newfoundland: the edge of a world.

Krisken

Krisken

I thought you were floating west of Acapulco?

klew

klew

I thought you were floating west of Acapulco?[/QUOTE]

I went the long way.

Necronic

Necronic

Wow, almost 20% are from Texas. Way too few. You people from Other need to come live here, it's awesome.

Null

Null

It's odd clusters, really. Two from the vicinity of Barcelona. Several from NJ. Several from Texas. Floating West of Acapulco. With the whole world to choose from, it's interesting.

Wasabi Poptart

Guadalajara, México.
How far are you from Chapala? That's where my husband's grandmother lives.[/QUOTE]

Chapala's lake surroundings are filled with American and Canadian retired people that dress festively all year long, I love them n_n[/QUOTE]

LOL! Now there's something my mother-in-law never told me about. All she talks about is how she gets so sick whenever she goes to see her mom.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

It's odd clusters, really. Two from the vicinity of Barcelona. Several from NJ. Several from Texas. Floating West of Acapulco. With the whole world to choose from, it's interesting.
Hey 2 near barcelona and 1 IN Barcelona! Don't forget abut the Jellyman!

Null

Null

Hey 2 near barcelona and 1 IN Barcelona! Don't forget abut the Jellyman![/QUOTE]

Right, that's what I said, 2 from Barcelona.

Denbrought

Denbrought

Hey 2 near barcelona and 1 IN Barcelona! Don't forget abut the Jellyman![/QUOTE]
Sorry Jelly. Just like in the regional elections, votes from Barcelona count diddly :p

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

Well, I guess on a US board it's not too weird that we got a bunch from Texas, Cali, and the New York metro area. Top 3 population centers, 30%-ish of the total population.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

The whozawhatnow? I want nothing to do with your manjelly, stranger, please keep that to yourself.

Wasabi Poptart

Morphine

Morphine

Guadalajara, México.

Chapala's lake surroundings are filled with American and Canadian retired people that dress festively all year long, I love them n_n[/QUOTE]

LOL! Now there's something my mother-in-law never told me about. All she talks about is how she gets so sick whenever she goes to see her mom.[/QUOTE]

HA! I believe her. The fish from that lake are mutant, I tell you.
We've got heavy food down here, her mom must be used to it by now.

Some of those areas are really nice though, I would assume you husband's grandma lives in Ajijic since that's the biggest concentration of elderly Americans and Canadians around the lake, and it's a beautiful place, my best friend has a really cool house there, we go whenever we get a chance, it's very relaxing.

Denbrought

Denbrought

:laugh:

Wasabi Poptart

I'm really not sure. She's not American or Canadian though. She's Mexican.

La Purisima, maybe? I have her mailing address, but there are more parts to it than I'm used to looking at.

Morphine

Morphine

I'm really not sure. She's not American or Canadian though. She's Mexican.
Oh well forget it then, it can be any other little town in the area.

//I think I've never been to La Purisima.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Wow, almost 20% are from Texas. Way too few. You people from Other need to come live here, it's awesome.
I'm from Alberta, it's the Texas of Canada.

crono1224

What is awesome about Texas ?(no sarcasm)

Gusto

Gusto

I'm from Waterloo, Canada's answer to Silicon Valley.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

In Finland, I am from Turku, "where civilization first appeared in Finland - and from where it never left", as the saying goes ;) Originally, I'm from a small town in the Satakunta province, some 50 miles away. Left there when I got into the university. With any luck, I might be returning to that neighbourhood: there's an opening for an English teacher at the high school a town or two over. Wish me luck, I've got the interview on Wednesday.

Krisken

Krisken

Good luck NR :)

Troll

Troll

Been there, done that. I like California 10x better. THERE, I SAID IT.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

:(

Biardo

Belgium, West Flanders, Staden ( a really small town, but I mostley spend my weeks in Ghent studying

LordRendar

LordRendar

Im from Hamburg,Germany. THe ONLY civilized city in Germany.And don't let no Berliner or Munich tell you otherwise.

LittleSin

LittleSin

Put up another for Newfoundland: the edge of a world.

My Aunt is in that commercial for a second!

Here's the full one where she's featured as a 'tourist'. She's the lady in the passenger seat of the car.

Calleja

Calleja

Question, where on the creepy spectrum does "Your aunt is pretty hot" fall on?

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

@Calleja: Not too far over into creepy, actually.

*deep breath* Born in Southern California (Lancaster), moved to England when I was three (Cambridgshire). Moved to NORTHERN California at 11 (Nevada City and Grass Valley), moved to France when 16 (Martigues, near Marseilles), moved to Sicily at 18 (Aci Catena, near Catania), to Nevada at 19 (Reno/Sparks), Alabama shortly thereafter (Huntsville), and finally to Savannah, Georgia at 22. Living here has been the second-longest I've ever been in one place at a stretch, which has made it REAL hard to put down roots anywhere *chuckles*

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Calleja: Glad you said it and not me.

Charon: Holy shit. Were your parents assembling the Da Vinci code or something?

Calleja

Calleja

:rofl:

Oh man, the da vinci code.. classic.

Wasabi Poptart

moved to Sicily at 18 (Aci Catena, near Catania)
My husband lived in San Pietro Clarenza while he was stationed over there.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Forgot your hubby was at Sigonella, too.

MindDetective

MindDetective

@Calleja: Not too far over into creepy, actually.

*deep breath* Born in Southern California (Lancaster), moved to England when I was three (Cambridgshire). Moved to NORTHERN California at 11 (Nevada City and Grass Valley), moved to France when 16 (Martigues, near Marseilles), moved to Sicily at 18 (Aci Catena, near Catania), to Nevada at 19 (Reno/Sparks), Alabama shortly thereafter (Huntsville), and finally to Savannah, Georgia at 22. Living here has been the second-longest I've ever been in one place at a stretch, which has made it REAL hard to put down roots anywhere *chuckles*
Were you in Reno/Sparks any time after 2000? If so, we might have been there at the same time.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Lived in Sparks from June 01 to October 01. My first day at the Atlantis was 9/11

MindDetective

MindDetective

Lived in Sparks from June 01 to October 01. My first day at the Atlantis was 9/11
I was teaching a statistics class that day at UNR, so yup, we were both in the area at the same time for those 4 months.

Null

Null

I'm going to have to agree with Susan there about LS' aunt.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I'm from Canada, and they think I'm slow... eh?
Raised here.
Currently living in Oakville: Toronto's yuppy disposal site. I hate it, but I enjoy my college.

Morphine

Morphine

Im from Hamburg,Germany. THe ONLY civilized city in Germany.And don't let no Berliner or Munich tell you otherwise.
¬¬

Well civilized or not, Munich has way better weather than Hamburg u_u

Andi

Drachenherz

I'm from Zürich, Switzerland. And my GFs brother-in-law is a Hamburger who lives in Rapperswil.

That sounded strange.

Baerdog

Baerdog

Hehe, Hamburger.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

I lol'd XD

Vagabond

V.Bond

Hey all you other people from MD.

Cut that out.

Baerdog

Baerdog

Hey all you other people from MD.

Cut that out.

Ross

Ross

Currently chililin' around Gaithersburg, MD. I am and will always be a New Yorker (Central NY... not the city). Spent most of my childhood in Marcellus, NY before going to college in Albany, NY. Spent 6 months in Raleigh, NC just before moving to MD.

Calleja

Calleja

MD? What's that, Mindesota? Medical Doctor? Mildaukee?

Denbrought

Denbrought

... Maryland.

Calleja

Calleja

Stop making up states, dammit. What's next, Josephland?

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

My knowledge of the US abbreviations is limited, but I'd wager its Maryland.
*edit* Ninja'd! Thats what I get for trying to eat this delicious schwarma while I type!

Cajungal

Cajungal

Stop making up states, dammit. What's next, Josephland?
You're just mad because Fernandoland would sound stupid.

Calleja

Calleja

yes, but CallejaLand has an awesome ring to it :biggrin:

Cajungal

Cajungal

Yeah, rolls right off the tongue. :p

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

You know, Callejaland? The capital is Fernandopolis?

Calleja

Calleja

Our main export is awesomeness.

Troll

Troll

I thought it was eyedrops?

bhamv3

bhamv3

I thought it was eyedrops?[/QUOTE]

No that's their main import.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

No that's their main import.[/QUOTE]

I thought THAT was las chicas?

Calleja

Calleja

.....I hate you guys.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

No that's their main import.[/QUOTE]

I thought THAT was las chicas?[/QUOTE]

Okay, I may have achieved punchiness, because this exchange of broadsides over Callejaland's borders had me rolling

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

Also, Calleja has now achieved that NEXT marker that will probably earn him a bunch of +/- reps....