Who do YOU want for the Superbowl Halftime Show?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Staff member
Okay, so it's widely reported and generally a near consensus that the Black Eyed Peas sucked ass. 12 minutes and they had to bring in 2 other artists because their own stuff can't fill the time. Don't even get me started about the autotune.

But that got me to thinking - who would YOU like to see hit the stage for the Superbowl halftime show? Who could come in, keep the crowd into it, play actual by-God good music and kick ass?

My vote for #1? Green Day. They would be an awesome halftime group.

People who should NOT get the halftime show? Justin Bieber, Miley Cyrus or any other of the types of bubblegum pop crap that seems to be very popular these days.

Who would YOU guys like to see/never want to see?

I am tired of seeing the Undead of Rock -n- Roll trundled out for one last concert...

Rolling Stones, Aerosmith, U2, Janet Jackson... send these old codgers back to the old folks home.

The NFL might as well go back to doing the Goofy Disney Half time shows. With the Mascots running amok.

Jay-Z, kid cudi, lady gaga doing bad romance in a practical dress, red hot chilli peppers and then the ghost of biggie smalls with Batman as a backup.

M

makare

Dave would want Green Day.

A friend of my mom's posted on his facebook that it was the best halftime show in years "at least they didn't have old timers". Old timers like The Who or Tom Petty or Bruce Springsteen. I was very wtf about that.

Jay-Z, kid cudi, lady gaga doing bad romance in a practical dress, red hot chilli peppers and then the ghost of biggie smalls with Batman as a backup.

After the shit fit the networks had over Janet Jackson's tit do you really think they'll go with Lady Gaga?

The music I would want probably clashes with what most other people would want. I think that's the problem with musical halftime shows: for every one person who likes that artist/group's music, at least two will hate it.

For a throwback, Stevie Wonder with guest appearance from George Clinton.

For a modern act, I second the RHCP. Or the maybe the Flaming Lips.

Pure fantasy though would be Daft Punk vs Justice, remixing a live set from David Bowie.

I think BEP had a potentially interesting idea by doing a mashup between classic artists and contemporary beats. It's something you've never heard before and it could potentially either be very cool or a complete disaster - but seeing as we've had so many complete disasters, why not throw caution to the wind?

Paul McCartney and Justin Timberlake
David Bowie and Queen
Lady Gaga and Nancy Sinatra

Oh who knows.

I don't want Lady Gaga, I want her to come out and not do her typical stuff. The stuff she did before she was Gaga.

Lady Gaga and Nancy Sinatra would be a hoot.

But you know and I know it would never happen. The networks don't care about how good the artist is. They want "family friendly" entertainment, which I find ironic because the Super Bowl revolves around gambling and drinking.
Added at: 14:33
I don't want Lady Gaga, I want her to come out and not do her typical stuff. The stuff she did before she was Gaga.
You want Stephanie Germonatta.

After the shit fit the networks had over Janet Jackson's tit do you really think they'll go with Lady Gaga?

I think fergie (my phone's auto correct refuses to let me type fergie, I like that) is a bigger hoe bag than lady gaga and Janet jackson's nipple ring thing.

There'd be a 60% chance her dress would be made out of aluminum foil anyway.

That would be the best betting for the day.

What will Lady Gaga wear?
Meat products- 1 in 20
Tin foil- 1 in 16
Pop culture icons- 1 in 5

I'd have to put my money on Toby, he is fairly young and HUGE.

It would be good to see a good Country band do the half time, but there are not really any bands in country music any longer. They already did Tom Petty, so maybe they can get the Eagles together again.

figmentPez

Staff member
Phil Keaggy, the man puts on an amazing live show. No use putting on a huge stage show if you're going to feature someone who only sounds good on their albums. Get someone who actually knows how to perform on stage.

Just thought of some other contenders :
Pheonix
Muse
Kings of Leon
Foo Fighters (awesome alternative, Them Crooked Vultures)
The Roots

Metallica
Flogging Molly
Gnarls Barkley
Queens of the Stoneage

Foo Fighters was a good suggestion

David Bowie and Queen
YES! Awesome idea.

Maybe at the end Vanilla Ice could come out and then Bowie & Brian May could take turns bitch slapping him before going into Under Pressure...

Screw alla yinz. Bring back Up With People!
This. :lol:

I'm betting that the NFL is going to try to get John Mellencamp to play next year. What I'd like to see is him drive a tractor onto the floor of LucasOil Field and have the Purdue, University of Indiana and Indiana State Marching Bands join him in the background. No glitz and glamour crap.

I agree with Dave - Green Day would probably do an awesome show.

I have to admit, I wouldn't mind seeing Van Halen do it, but they're getting to the Undead of Rock stage.

Also, they could have pop stars, if the halftime show consisted of them running a gauntlet of both teams' Defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.