Who else liked G.I Joe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gimmie a "Yo Joe!"

I emerged from the theater super charged. I thought it was a great adaptation. Not super faithful, but still great just the same. Especially loved the evilness of The Doctor [spoiler:3cjam0oc]who later becomes Cobra Commander! Not that it's a shock, but I'm keeping it as a spoiler just in case.[/spoiler:3cjam0oc]
I also love how the Joe base is layered like it really is one of those massive playsets you could buy for your action figures. I would want a freaking lake in my underground base too!!!
[spoiler:3cjam0oc]When the baddies attack it I turned to my friend and said "They're going to need to go down to Toys'R'Us and get another HQ"[/spoiler:3cjam0oc]

It's not doing too well on RT (39% since I was there last) but I'm glad I enjoyed it as much as I did. It was a good movie to end the summer on and unlike Transformers 2 I'd probably see this one a second time before it leaves theaters.

Shawnacy said:
The Doctor [spoiler:1hf4k9vd]who later becomes Cobra Commander! Not that it's a shock, but I'm keeping it as a spoiler just in case.[/spoiler:1hf4k9vd]
Wait, what? But...don't you mean [spoiler:1hf4k9vd]Destro[/spoiler:1hf4k9vd]?

ThatNickGuy said:
Shawnacy said:
The Doctor [spoiler:mj0jrk10]who later becomes Cobra Commander! Not that it's a shock, but I'm keeping it as a spoiler just in case.[/spoiler:mj0jrk10]
Wait, what? But...don't you mean [spoiler:mj0jrk10]Destro[/spoiler:mj0jrk10]?
Have you seen the movie? If you haven't I recomend you watch it, otherwise...
[spoiler:mj0jrk10]The main villain for this is a tychoon name McCullen who employs The Doctor (a disfigured mad scientist, not THE Doctor aka Doctor Who) as his chief scientist for all his weapons and technology. At the end of the film The Doctor pulls a coop and injects McCullen with some "specially made" nanites that covers his face in metal in reverance to a punishment that one of McCullen's ancestors receives in a flashback at the start of the film. Then the Doctor starts talking about how he's starting a new organization called Cobra, puts on another mask and claims "and you can call me... Commander"[/spoiler:mj0jrk10]

Yo Joe!

I saw G.I. Joe today and I have to echo Shawnacy's sentiment. This was a great adaptation of G.I. Joe. All of the elements aligned nicely to allow for a fun action film! :thumbsup:

Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.

A

Alucard

[spoiler:ispoa6xn]I'm wondering how they'll set it up for a sequal since they have a stand in for the president.

Was fairly obvious that the Baroness was Duke's former girlfriend and that her brother was the doctor later commander of Cobra.
Was also cool how his voice at the end sounded like the maniacal voice from the animated show.

Thought the super soldiers on the Cobra side were pretty cool especially when they attacked the convoy carrying the nano warheads.

It was also fucking hilarious how all the Joe's got deported from France forever for failing to stop the Eiffel tower from the terroist attack.
I mean c'mon really your upset that you can't go to France any more big deal.

The only cool fights were the ones between Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes especially at the end of the film where he stabs him in the chest
and Storm Shadow falls into a watery grave most likely not dead.[/spoiler:ispoa6xn]

I was surprised that Fraiser was in it from the mummy movie.

Great Action flick.

Terrible "GI Joe" movie.

Two words why:

The Baroness. :devil:

Only thing "GI Joe" about that movie was Snake Eyes. The end. :humph:

Shegokigo said:
Great Action flick.

Terrible "GI Joe" movie.

Two words why:

The Baroness. :devil:

Only thing "GI Joe" about that movie was Snake Eyes. The end. :humph:
Could not disagree more. Other than some shuffling of relationships (and honestly, who cares?) that movie could not have been more like 5 episodes of the cartoon strung together (as they often liked to do).

Status
Not open for further replies.