Export thread

Why are middle aged women (45-65) so easy to piss off?

Chazwozel

So I frequently post on several environmentalist/animal welfare forums, and I usually do my best to put all the dumbass hippies in their place. But recently, I've noticed that the largest audience of smug, new-age know-nothing douchebags are middle aged women. I guess it's not surprising if you think about it. They're probably house-wives and want to make and 'impact' on the world by Mary Worthing their way through the internet.

Just an interesting observation I thought I'd share with you guys.

Dave

Dave

Have you thought maybe it's your delivery? I mean, you started out here talking about "dumbass hippies" as if they have nothing of worth to say in the first place.

Cajungal

Cajungal

While I don't want to lump all women of that age together, I sort of know what you mean. I see a lot of that sort here at the University when I communicate with the parents of the students at my job. I don't quite know why. I've encountered people like this who don't fit into the middle-aged woman category, of course. But if I had to guess... I'd say that these people now have an empty nest, and they're looking for something to occupy their time (most of these women I know come from wealthy families and don't have to work). So they take up a cause and think that googling counts as researching in it. Then they send lots and lots of mass emails to their families full of half-truths or just plain misinformation. It's people with too much time on their hands taking up a cause in a very lazy and incomplete way.

Other types of people do that too. Look at facebook groups, for example. Do any 18-25 year olds really believe that we're going to remove troops from the middle east if they can get 1 million people to join a group?

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 PM ----------

Dave also brings up a good point.

ThatGrinningIdiot!

ThatGrinningIdiot!

You have an abrasive, confrontational personality online. I wouldn't be surprised if you viewed knowledge as a weapon rather than a tool.

You'd have to meet my mother sometime, lord knows that woman could use a good talking down to.

phil

phil

Have you thought maybe it's your delivery? I mean, you started out here talking about "dumbass hippies" as if they have nothing of worth to say in the first place.

I don't think he's complaining about how easy to offend they are though.

Krisken

Krisken

I see where this thread is going, and it's a scary train ride!

ThatGrinningIdiot!

ThatGrinningIdiot!

Fear is my aphrodisiac! :)

Chazwozel

I don't think he's complaining about how easy to offend they are though.[/QUOTE]

CG has got what I'm talking about down-pat.

Dave

Dave

CG has got what I'm talking about down-pat.
You're talking about my having a very valid point?

Cajungal

Cajungal

Well as much as I hate to generalize like that, sometimes it's just plain true. There absolutely are women who fit that exact mold, and my city's lousy with em.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Why are women so easy to piss off?
FTFY

Kidding! Kidding!

I think CG is on the right track. I notice this stuff with the goddamn political forwarding from parents. No, we don't care about your stupid half-baked Fox News garbage chain letter Emails. You're not inspiring people, you're just annoying your loved ones.

Dusty668

Oh god, I get one more email about red shirt friday, I am going to release a virus that will convert everyone's PC and sooo trendy iCrap to TCP/IPOOP.

Jay

Jay

Women after 45 are useless *nods*

Krisken

Krisken

WoaCA, amirite?

Matt²

Women after 45 are useless *nods*
whew! Glad someone else said it!

Espy

Espy

WOMEN!

AMIRITE?

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

WOMEN!

AMIRITE?
ARIBA!

AMIRITE?

Cajungal

Cajungal

We be shoppin, also.

IronBrig4

IronBrig4

When I worked retail I learned that the worst customers were usually the middle-aged, fat women.

Necronic

Necronic

Fear is my aphrodisiac! :)[/QUOTE]

Element 117

i dunno who Janice is, but she is my new hero.

Gusto

Gusto

WOMEN!

AMIRITE?
It is like they are from another planet!

Wasabi Poptart

I'm going back to the kitchen. Anyone want some cake?

Element 117

Dave

Dave

:facepalm:

Element 117

I thought we might as well just take it to the "end" as quickly as possible.

Dave

Dave

It wasn't directed necessarily at you but the whole woman-hating thread. Like there are no dumb guys out there or guys who spout nonsense. I could point you to several Facebook people who fit the same bill as the OP.

At least the really bad (as in mean) jokes have been made by women so you know it was done tongue-in-cheek.

Wasabi Poptart

Stupid people are everywhere regardless of age or gender.

Now what did I do with that recipe for castor bean cupcakes?

Chazwozel

It wasn't directed necessarily at you but the whole woman-hating thread. Like there are no dumb guys out there or guys who spout nonsense. I could point you to several Facebook people who fit the same bill as the OP.

At least the really bad (as in mean) jokes have been made by women so you know it was done tongue-in-cheek.
I really didn't want this to devolve into a women hating thread. I just made an observation that a lot of know-nothing, new-age douchebags fall into the middle aged woman category.

Element 117

Stupid people are everywhere regardless of age or gender.

Now what did I do with that recipe for castor bean cupcakes?
i am really digging these vintage photos!

Necronic

Necronic

Or male and female 20-somethings. And people from California.

Wasabi Poptart

i am really digging these vintage photos!
Welcome to my world.