Why can't they make superheor movies like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because the general audience doesn't want computer animated action movies.

After all, anything that's animated's just for kids, right?

Human bodies don't work like CGI?

Wire work is very uncomfortable?

Live action movies require art direction that is far more detailed than cutscenes from a computer game so that the live actors at least fit with their surroundings?

Holy shit, I'm at the part where Superman returns and had to pause and come back here to say "that's fucking incredible!!!" I'd love to see that movie over anything the studios have released.

Er, that was a rather psychotic portrayal of Superman...Like Superman 2 psychotic...

It makes more sense in context, specifically this is shell-shocked PTSD Superman that has dealt with years of all-out war against Lex and his cronies and is now at the breaking point. Then returns to find all his friends dead or dying.

Basically it illustrates even Superman can be pushed too far. Good alternate refference is near the end of the animated Superman series when he fights Darkseid, "All my life I have had to hold back, but not with you. I can let loose becasue you can take it."

So this is basically Supes letting loose.

Turning the subject to the American public and animation. Disney, WB, Pixar, Dreamworks, and countless others have unfortunately perpetuated the steryotype in American culture that cartoon=kids. Other parts of the world recognize animation as a valid artistic medium for cinema. Now that is not to say that these company's produce bad works, quite the contrary I really enjoy many movies from them, but they are set in the known-proffit media of producing family friendly programing.

A personal anecdote, when I saw the South Park movie years ago in the theater they actually had ushers at the door to the screening room warning people bringing in kids that though this was an animated movie it was -not- a child-friendly movie and I -still- saw -dozens- of small 8-9 year old children in there with clueless parents looking horrified at what they had taken their kids to see. It will be a long time before America accepts cartoons can be for grownups too.

Villains are not allowed to win. C'mon now.

Also, I think the film rights to Wonder Woman are different then those for Superman and Batman.

Status
Not open for further replies.