Export thread

Wow....(Amazing Email)

Hansagan

A little backstory, I've been doing a graphic novel for a friend to help promote a film idea he's trying to get funding for...just yesterday he managed to arrange a visit with Richard Taylor (Head of Weta FX in Wellington) and showed him some of my art work. Apparently he thought it was "exquisite, wonderful, fantastic and a sign of great talent. It was incredibly refreshing to see an artist who has such a strong eye for character, face and world design. Beautiful beautiful work."

I'm still buzzing :)

Null

Null

That's excellent, Hanners!

Hylian

Hylian

ccongrats :thumbsup:

Dusty668

I've always thought your work was stunning. The good way.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

That is amazing. You should feel proud.

Element 117

OI! ask him for a job!

Baerdog

Baerdog

^ What she said. That's awesome stuff.

Cajungal

Cajungal

What a wonderful compliment. And you deserve it. :)

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Congrats, mon ami! There's a reason that you're the only artist I've bought prints from...

Shawn

Shawn

Awesome! Very awesome!

ElJuski

ElJuski

nifty! Congrats!

Zappit

Zappit

Nice! Go after a job while he's still swooning!

Matt²

Nice! Go after a job while he's still swooning!
Totally! And congrats!!

General Specific

General Specific

Be sly about it, though. Don't come out and tell him you want a job with him, but mention that you are looking for a job in that industry and does he know of any positions that are open/people to contact?

It may land you a job w/ him, it may land you a job w/ someone else, but you'd have HIS WORD backing you up to whomever is doing the hiring. :)

Element 117

Be sly about it, though. Don't come out and tell him you want a job with him, but mention that you are looking for a job in that industry and does he know of any positions that are open/people to contact?

It may land you a job w/ him, it may land you a job w/ someone else, but you'd have HIS WORD backing you up to whomever is doing the hiring. :)
+9001 Rep

Philosopher B.

Woah, that's pretty cool. Congrats.

RealBigNuke

+9001 Rep[/QUOTE]

Pretty much that. Use those phat artist networking skills ;)

Seriously, though, it's always great to hear something like this from anyone, let alone someone big in a production firm like that. Huge congrats!