Export thread

Wow, Canadians don't mess around with their PSAs

IronBrig4

IronBrig4

A lot of these accidents seem like stuff you'd see in Final Destination. But that restaurant one looks so believable that it sends chills down my spine.

Why doesn't the US have ads like these?

Jiarn

Because the delicate TV watching public can't handle it.... I mean their mothers..... I mean the single never been married overly religious nutjob that spends every waking minute making sure this ungodly filth isn't exposed to the masses..... or all of the above.

Dave

Dave

Jesus Christ! Reminds me of the German Safety video.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

I don't even have to click the video to know that it's the series with the woman that get's horrendously burned in a restaurant kitchen.

Trust me, those are the exception not the rule when it comes to our PSAs.

makare

I don't see what the benefit of having ads like that is. I doubt it will change behavior any more than a chick smashing up a kitchen with a frying pan will make people not take drugs.

This is my favorite psa

ThatGrinningIdiot!

ThatGrinningIdiot!

I've taken my fall arrest certification recently. Many of these accidental injuries or death are due to either ego or the worker becoming too accustomed to their workplace; they begin to ignore potential dangers.

Though these accidents don't happen as often as they're portrayed, when they do they're very gruesome. I've been in a few "almost" SNAFU's because of negligence or ignorance. I'd hate to be part of a statistic because someone was lazy or stupid.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

These accidents happen once every five hours.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

When you say, "Canadian" and "PSA" in the same sentence, every Canadian immediately thinks of:

Or

makare

I want a house hippo! So cute.

Makes me miss my chocolate lab she has a hippo head... sigh.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

When you say, "Canadian" and "PSA" in the same sentence, every Canadian immediately thinks of:

Or
YES!

I can still sing that God damn song.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

I always liked the original Astar PSA.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I always liked the original Astar PSA.

Somehow I wind up quoting that one a lot.
"I am Astar. A robot from the planet danger. I can put my arm back on. You can't."

EDIT: Apparently, my friends and I don't even quote it right.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

I still like the Hinterlands Who's Who videos.

Roxxoredizorz

Desensitization much America?

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Not at all. Only Canada is desensitized. Heck America didn't even get to watch Landmine Soccer. They're stuck with Louie the Lifeguard.

Ha, remember the PSA where they nuked the smurfs? Classic.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Not at all. Only Canada is desensitized. Heck America didn't even get to watch Landmine Soccer. They're stuck with Louie the Lifeguard.

Ha, remember the PSA where they nuked the smurfs? Classic.[/QUOTE]

I vaguely recall both those things.

---------- Post added at 04:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 AM ----------

I still like the Hinterlands Who's Who videos.
Not really a PSA, or at least not in my mind. I guess it kind of is. Are we just posting Canadian TV spots now? Cause I'm pretty sure every Our Heritage commercial is online...

Kovac

Kovac

IronBrig4

IronBrig4

My initial reaction was to laugh. Does that make me a bad person?

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

My initial reaction was to laugh. Does that make me a bad person?
No just Canadian.

Quick test, if you get excited by the following commercial, you're Canadian.